What is your best deer rifle

Where I live an 80 yard shot is long because of the trees.

I use a Marlin Levergun in 30-30 for deer. If there are bears around I will switch to the 45-70 Martin instead. I gave my 30-06 hunting rifle to my son because I never used it.

Where I live an 80 yard shot is long because of the trees.

I use a Marlin Levergun in 30-30 for deer. If there are bears around I will switch to the 45-70 Martin instead. I gave my 30-06 hunting rifle to my son because I never used it.
I started out hunting deer with a Marlin 336 in 35 rem.. I'm from N.E. PA. too and most of my shots are under 100 yards. Yep, the 30/30 Marlin and 30/30 Winchester has accounted for more deer in "N.E." PA. over the last century than any other rifle.

I have killed 50% of my deer using a Custom R700 in .25-06 Ackley Imp.
My second place deer rifle was my loaner to anyone else who needed a rifle, an Interarms Mark X in .270 Win. I am still not sure why I got rid of that one.
Killed others with 7 RM, .300RUM.

21 years ago, my parents sent me to a local friend of theirs to help me build my first rifle. It was a Howa 1500 243 win, with a tiger striped cherry wood stock, epoxy bedded, pillars added, and a Burris 3-9x40 scope. It was my 8th grade graduation present, and my first ever high power rifle. Since then the rifle has changed a lot, but it has never stopped killing deer. Other than some old guns that my granddads gave me after they passed away, I love that gun more than any of my more expensive guns in the safe. It's never been a tack driver, but it's a solid moa rifle all day every day, with the occasional sub moa group (when I flinch just right, hehe). Between my two brothers, my two sisters, my dad, and myself, that rifle has killed a LOT of mule deer and whitetail. It will be on my back this year too, as I try and take my first coues buck ever. She isn't the purdiest gun ever, or the most expensive gun ever, but it sure kills deer.

Howa 1500 243 Win (original bolt, action, and barrel)
Hogue Full Bed Block Stock that has had the recoil lug bedded
Timney #609 1.5lb Trigger
Warne 30mm Rings
Voretex Viper HS LR 4-16x44
95gr Berger Classic Hunter
41gr Hodgdons H4350
Norma Brass
WLR Primer
Right at 3025 fps

This year my best option will be my little 44 mag carbine with some 225gr LEVERevolutions, because I will most likely be shooting for meat from my front porch, no further than 80 yards. All my other options would likely tear up too much of the meat on these tiny north Texas whitetails.

been using this Rem 700BDL 7mm Mag(175 Win PP) for over 30 yearsgun)

5000000 hunters can't be wrong

David:)

ps works on Wolves too ..Elk/Black Bear/Moose
007_zps20f2aa83.jpg

009_zpsdf0c8a36.jpg

been using this Rem 700BDL 7mm Mag(175 Win PP) for over 30 yearsgun)

5000000 hunters can't be wrong

David:)

ps works on Wolves too ..Elk/Black Bear/Moose
007_zps20f2aa83.jpg

009_zpsdf0c8a36.jpg

Yep, them older Remington 700 rifles were **** good shooters. I have an older Rem. 760 BDL Gamemaster pump in 30/06 it will out shoot some of my newer bolt action rifles, huh.

North Idaho Hunter, I just picked up a Browning X Bolt in a 6.5 CM Though I'd give it a try. My hunting buddy has a Tikka in a 6.5x55 and it really knocks the deer over.

6.5x55mm is a very effective round. I use Norma 120 grain ballistic tip ammunition.
its excellent .

Glendine.

My custom 300 win mag is 12lbs with the Vortex AMG on it.

-26" Bartlein barrel with straight flutes. Sendero or similar contour
-Surgeon 1086 action (All metal cerakoted FDE)
-McMillan "McMillan Hunter" stock with olive, tan, black marble color
-Jewell Trigger set at 2lbs
-Hinged floorplate - 4 rounds is a plenty - don't need 5 or 10 round magazines
-APA Little Bastard muzzle brake (now it actually wears a Thunderbeast brake for my suppressor)
-Vortex AMG scope
-Nightforce rings
-Triad Tactical stock pack.

This was my dream hunting rifle built by Dana English (English Rifles) who was suggested to me by Robert Gradous. I couldn't be any happier about it or my dealings with Dana. Outside of building my rifle within 6 weeks, and that also included him shipping it off to get fluted, he always answered my calls or called me right back. He was a pleasure to deal with.