What is the hardest big game tag that you were able draw?

Washington is tough. But the sheep in my profile photo was a "Lucky Draw" resident tag with only 6 points. I drew a mule deer tag in the Desert A unit a few yrars ago with 16 points. I am on 18 points for OIL moose draw. Maybe this year.
On another note my hunting partner and his brother just drew a Colorado bull elk tag with 1 point. Go figure.

Washington is tough. But the sheep in my profile photo was a "Lucky Draw" resident tag with only 6 points. I drew a mule deer tag in the Desert A unit a few yrars ago with 16 points. I am on 18 points for OIL moose draw. Maybe this year.
On another note my hunting partner and his brother just drew a Colorado bull elk tag with 1 point. Go figure.
I drew the desert (Nelson) bighorn tag in Ca. the first year they went to a point system in 2002 . 3 times as many people put in that year. Once in a lifetime tag. I was lucky. Put in for years before that. I have a lot of points for bighorn in Az., Nv. and Utah. I can't afford the tags anymore. Points for multiple species in 6 states. The money pit. I'll never draw all of them. It's a donation at this point. I'll never draw bighorn here either.

I drew a sheep tag in Washington State last year with 22 pts. and 70 years old ,shot a nice ram on the 9th day of the hunt . not as big as I wanted. It was in the Manson unit on the North shore of lake Chelan and is only accessible by boat. 2 1/2 hour hike on a 32 degree slope and came back to the boat in the dark. Once in awhile thing happen that can't be explained . 47 years before I drew a goat tag for the same unit and shot a nice goat within 1 mile from where I shot my sheep, but had to spend a night on the mountain. Hope I can draw a bull moose tag 22 pts. now and become one of the few to harvest all three of the once in a life time tags in WA.
You have had great luck in Washington. The best I have done is a mule deer tag with 20 points. I have maximum points for sheep, moose, and goat with no luck. Been putting in every year for goat for the last 52 years with nothing to show for it. If I had been smart I would have put that application money in the bank and would have been on a guided goat hunt in Canada by now.

You have had great luck in Washington. The best I have done is a mule deer tag with 20 points. I have maximum points for sheep, moose, and goat with no luck. Been putting in every year for goat for the last 52 years with nothing to show for it. If I had been smart I would have put that application money in the bank and would have been on a guided goat hunt in Canada by now.
I know what you mean. I have been putting in for Wyoming deer and elk for 12 yrs. At 66 years old with the non resident quota changes and point creep I will be lucky to ever draw a tag.

Well Dennis, we had to pay ahead and get reimbursed minus a handling fee when I was putting in. They banked our money then charged fee. Screw AZ.
Not defending Arizona but if you were paying up front, you haven't applied for many years. If you knew how you could apply by only paying the $15 application fee.

How bad are the odds of drawing a sheep tag in Washington State? I can drive to a spot on our ranch were I can see 4 units in north central Washington. I just checked the draw stats for those units in 2023. They are as follow. Swakane, 2 tags had 8,361 apps. This unit is where the world record Cal. ram was taken. AVG PTS to draw =17
Chelan Butte A. 2 tags had 7,703 apps. AVG PTS to draw =11
Chelan Butte B. 2 tags had 6,303 apps. AVG PTS to draw =20
Manson, 2 tags 3,300 apps. AVG PTS to draw =20
Quilomene, 3 tags 5,983 apps AVG PTS to draw =22
I drew the Manson unit last year with 23 pts .The unit is mainly accessible by boat and is very dependent on weather and it takes a good support group to help be successful. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Not defending Arizona but if you were paying up front, you haven't applied for many years. If you knew how you could apply by only paying the $15 application fee.

That's correct.

I threw in the towel on AZ years ago and will not participate in their 'draw' system. I love the State, hate G&F.

It's much simpler for me and my schedule to hunt private land in several states with satisfaction and enjoyment of the hunt and not have to put up with the stupid politics of drawings.

Thanks!

;)

I put in for a unit 40 Idaho deer tag and 'someone' entered the wrong hunt # and I drew a unit 46 elk tag instead. I got to talking to the St. Marie's sporting goods store owner and never thought to check my receipt. I was extremely upset with both the owner and myself!

Limited entry Utah San Juan Rifle Bull elk tag. I Drew this Year with 22 points,
odds of 0.13%. Looking forward to a great hunt with bugling bulls.

Any draw tag I've ever put in for here in AK. I drew an archery any bull tag on a military installation first try. I haven't drawn anything since then. I've got a neighbor that draws tags almost every year. Many are the same ones I've applied for.

I've been putting in for Desert Bighorn in CO for 23 years & will probably keep trying until I'm following a walker.😉