What gun would you want if the SHTF?

You need to think bigger. If the SHTF, I'd want the M777, a lightweight 155mm howitzer. I'd shell Boulder for days on end, and then go pick through the ruins for all the cool stuff I needed.

Now that's funny!!!!:D Side arm, .45 ACP 1911. Rifle would be a AR10 .260 with 20rnd mags or an M1A1. I want to be able to do snap shots as well as long shots. Probably run a straight 10xSS and hold em at 800yrds until my cousin got to me with his .338 Lapua. Then we start reaching out and touching someone. I'm thinking lead poisoning would be the main cause of death.

Tank (BOOM... ARTILLERY!!!!!!!)

You guys have it right with the "Not one gun" concept. But the right way to do it is the "Team" concept. Somebody to engage all posible threat scenarios simultaneously. We usually train in not two but three men, One has an M107 or M24 for longer range, one has the M110 and another has an M4 w/203 or an M249, all with side arms (M9- not my choice).

What goes up, must come down.
... in a blaze of glory. :D
But even thinking about having a fast mover implies the need for a team.

How about 5: 20 rounders for my AR 15 Coyote Rifle And 8 mags of 9mm for my Sig?

Yes, you can use a pistol to fight your way to a rifle. And use a rifle to fight your way to what? ... An escape route? ... A larger team? ... Dinner break?

My plan would be to fight our way to join what's left of the US ARMY. I believe it will take more than a couple squads of us to win ... if the SHTF.

End of rant. :D
JM .02

You can't really want to depend on a Jamomatic?

My choice of weapon would be Dillon's Areo electric gatling gun with 3,000,000 rounds of APs (armor piercing) loaded and ready to go. 3,000 rounds a minute I could handle.

joseph

You call the 7400 a jamomatic and then say you would want the ultra unreliable gatling gun that relies on an electric motor. Trust me thse are awesome (When they work). Using them in less than good conditions becomes iffy. But they have a very high cool factor. Given the choice between the two I would take the 7400...........

M4 with 30- 30 rd mags for CQB

M40A1 chambered in 308 with nighforce scope

S&W 40 cal. glock w/15 rd mags

82A1 barret w/10rd mags w/ leupold mark IV 8.5-25x50mm ER/T M1 equipped with BORS system

Then id fight my way to the resy of my LRH brethren and take back ol'glory or go out in a blain glory!
gun)

You call the 7400 a jamomatic and then say you would want the ultra unreliable gatling gun that relies on an electric motor. Trust me thse are awesome (When they work). Using them in less than good conditions becomes iffy. But they have a very high cool factor. Given the choice between the two I would take the 7400...........

I thought I might strike a cord with the Jamomatic. I have owned 2 of them & liked them until I got a Browning BAR Safari.

"Aim small miss small",

joseph

Well if we're all talking zombies then I'd probably be one of the first suckers to get infected so... Ill take a crap load of body armor and a big steel helmut so I dont take a dirt-nap at the hands of one of you gents. Even if so with my luck I would walk into buddy with the gatling gun and get mowed in two.

Was having a BS session today tearing down our elk camp about what gun we would want if the s*#% hit the fan. We figured a gun that could shoot to 800 yards reliably would be the ticket and it would have to have a decent magazine system.

I was thinking I'd go buy a Remington 700 Police in 308 and have a detachable mag system installed with a few 10 rd mags then stick a 4.5-14x50 Mark 4 on it...mostly because that would about drain my savings right now. :D

How about everyone else?

I hope this hasn't been posted before.

Thats a good choice, you probebly wont run out of ammo because of the 308 being a nato round and dead enemies will have it.