What are some of the best things you have ever heard ? Looking for quotes or inspiration that help us all through life . Above all have fun with it .

And I'll add another, that's really been true for me. When I was a pastor I officiated many funerals over the years. And one quote that emerged as something that really found resonance with grieving people as being both true and comforting AND most importantly as something to consider while we yet live (and I always did say that funerals are for the living, they're about the dead but for the living) is attributed to maya angelou who said

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel".

Truer words have not been spoken, it's a sobering thought that informs my conduct

Middle school principal always told us " Treat others as you wish to be treated ,and the world can be yours" . I know he got that from somewhere else but it's the truth . Also one I kinda made up that's so very true " you'll have so much of that "
I think you could obviate the need for every Diversity, Equity and Inclusion HR training program with that simple sentence.

Treat other people the way you want to be treated.

See how much money I could save these companies!

From an Army Captain's "welcome to my shop" speech when I first got in (I was enlisted). This guy was super squared away. He said "You are in a no bullsh*t line of work". Damned good advice. I think it applies to any job. I watch the show Air Disasters. So many crashes are due to human error; pilots, people loading cargo, maintenance personnel. They all forgot they are in a no bullsh*t line of work.

Screenshot_20190330-211424_Photos.jpg

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
CITIZENSHIP IN A REPUBLIC
"The Man In The Arena"
Speech at the Sorbonne
Paris, France
April 23, 1910
The Famous Quote
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong
man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is
marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who
comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error.....

Partial Quote by Teddy Roosevelt 1910