You ever have a What The Heck day?

Day before yesterday I was driving down the hwy going 65 mph and some ding dong came flying out of the Napa parking lot, trying to shoot across four lanes of hwy, and hit me almost head on. Like that deer that blows across the road and you have zero time to react. So much for restoring my gen II. All I had left was the interior and and a full tear down of the engine to replace seals and anything else that made sense while there. I had replaced all the body parts, wrapped it, installed a full Carlie suspension with Thuren steering stabilizer, and steel front and rear bumpers. Along with other various things.View attachment 468547View attachment 468548View attachment 468549View attachment 468550View attachment 468552
Holy cow! Glad your still here. Hope there were no/limited injuries. What a mess. Sad about the truck, countless hours down the tube. Can you say, "you better have insurance buddy"!

Got receipts, witnesses, sentimental value, reckless driving, his driving record, restored value, rarity in like condition, immature driver, etc.
I've got a 90 GMC Jimmy 1500 full size special ordered by my F.I.L ordered for my wife , pd cash knowing he was dying with cancer. She got it with new with +-650 miles, new 31x10.50x15. Still all original matching part numbers. Do you think it's worth more than what an Ins. Co. would want to pay. I WOULDN'T SETTLE UNTIL I WAS HAPPY! I know laws vary state to state. I'd hate it but if they don't want to work with you get the worst ambulance chaser in the 50 states.

Got receipts, witnesses, sentimental value, reckless driving, his driving record, restored value, rarity in like condition, immature driver, etc.
I've got a 90 GMC Jimmy 1500 full size special ordered by my F.I.L ordered for my wife , pd cash knowing he was dying with cancer. She got it with new with +-650 miles, new 31x10.50x15. Still all original matching part numbers. Do you think it's worth more than what an Ins. Co. would want to pay. I WOULDN'T SETTLE UNTIL I WAS HAPPY! I know laws vary state to state. I'd hate it but if they don't want to work with you get the worst ambulance chaser in the 50 states.
I shoot for a living and my left shoulder right now can't hold up a rifle. I have a trip to Australia for bullet testing and shooting a few episodes for Giving Back TV. Hopefully by July 6 I will be mended enough to be able to handle a rifle well enough for dangerous game hunting.

I shoot for a living and my left shoulder right now can't hold up a rifle. I have a trip to Australia for bullet testing and shooting a few episodes for Giving Back TV. Hopefully by July 6 I will be mended enough to be able to handle a rifle well enough for dangerous game hunting.
DG hunting is a "must have" health thing. Hope you mend well - 100%. Stay safe and have fun!

He's made that decision with me many times in my life.

We must have not served our purpose yet.
My wife says with all of the wrecks,motorcycles,hit by a car, rode a central radio antennae down amongst other things that I'm here for a reason. I tell her that I know what it is "To Serve As A BAD Example !"

Glad you're OK.
DMSO is your friend.