What factory rifle?

Purchased a CA Riddgeline in .300 WSM just before deer season. No time for an accuracy load work up, just barrel break-in and my best guess for a hunting load. Went to the middle of the Hodgen load data for H4831SC with .02 bullet jump. Just about .5 moa at 100 yds (3 shot group). I heard all the concerns about CA accuracy, but this one is a shooter.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?

I can't really explain it, but it's just never felt right to me. I have considered upgrading it, but I'd also like to leave it set up for my little brother as he gets older and starts hunting more.

Just a thought. If you can't put your finger on why you don't feel confident about your current rifle, and establish an objective assessment, you run the risk of feeling the same about a replacement.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?
I've just read an reticle regarding the new 277 Sig Fury. Looks to be what the doc ordered for your application. Not a magnum but with many attributes of magnum platforms.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, What are your guys thoughts?

I think anything larger than a 6.5 would be too large for rabbits, squirrels and other small game. The 6 and 6.5 would still be satisfactory for large north american game limiting the range depending on which animal you are hunting at the time.

Tika or Sako in 300 win

Tikka T3 lite. Mine is in .300 Win Mag. I love it. Accurate, light and smooth. Not to mention a great selection of readily available ammo.

What we have done is order a Mcgowen 28 inch remage barrel sendero profile cut for a T2 brake chambered for 30-378 weatherby . Have a smith open up the bolt face to .595 and adjust the head space , done with your stock 700 us . Use the rest of the cash to set-up to reload and shoot a single feed cutting edge 220 lazer and mag feed nosler or a berger hunting bullet .

Talk to Sako not sure if they do the range you are looking for but great out of the box rifles

I'd look at the new Christensen TI for sure. I have heard of some of their guns not shooting but I don't think that applies to their traditional barrels. I've had really good luck out of my winchesters also. You could probably get a Coyote light SR in 300 wsm and a mcmillan take off from an SPR and still be about the same money as the other offerings you're entertaining.

Weatherby vanguard is hard to beat. The baseline all weather is 600 bucks and good selection in calibers. Check web site and read reviews. I haqve one I bought 30 years ago in 7mm mag.Had close to if not more than 1000 rnds down the pipe and still shoots sub moa,if old guy behind it does his job.

I can't really explain it, but it's just never felt right to me. I have considered upgrading it, but I'd also like to leave it set up for my little brother as he gets older and starts hunting more.
Buy a quality barrel glass bed
put a quality barrel on your action glass bed it if you don't have a good scope add that on also then work up a load you have an accurate gun as it is just needs some tweaking

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts