What factory rifle?

While I would consider it more of a semi-custom, my Cooper is exceptionally accurate, and has performed flawlessly, going on 10 years of hard use.
In factory class rifles, which I used for factory class competition for several years, I have been very impressed by the Remington Mil-Spec rifles. These rifles have traditionally been 'off catalog" and offered by a limited number of dealers. Not sure if this is still the case, but Remington used M24 stock to produce these rifles. They all have stainless barreled action/HSP stock with very good fit and finish, appearing to get an extra measure of attention over the standard production tiles. Out of the box accuracy with four rifles I have owned, and about a half dozen others owned by buddies produced sub- .5MOA accuracy, and would maintain this accuracy level to+2000 rounds of high-volume, hot summer shooting. Bore-scoped barrels look more like my custom barrels, maintaining accuracy for +200 rounds and cleaning up with minimal effort. IMO, these rifles are a bargain at selling for $800-$1100. They hold their own to my full customs costing 2-3X the price. My most recent purchase, a 300WM which I decided to give a try for a LR hunter, has performed equally as well and is currently showing no change in performance or barrel/throat wear at five years/700 rounds of shooting. An added benefit is that one can take advantage of the myriad of accessories and upgrades available for the Remington 700.
9036E190-0E4C-40A7-9F3D-039BF8BAC733.jpeg 9B0107C1-DFF7-4C72-9C50-5983C8D41C13.jpeg

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?
I think they have figured out whatever caused accuracy issues and fixed it. I have their BA Tactical and it prints 1/2 moa groups consistently with factory ammo. Also have several buddies with Ridgelines in different calibers and they all shot 1/2 moa or better. Also, they have a sub moa accuracy guarantee with premium factory ammo, so not sure where you can go wrong here.

I used the gentleman from Utah Rifles ( Orem) for some rifle work on an existing rifle. His specialty is LR though. Worth a call to him and see who has an existing rifle for sale. $2000 is a fair amount, could buy you many times more than that via a phone call? For what its worth, unless I'm sitting over a beanfield (or Sendero) I too never liked the Sendero, but I do like any of the 300s for slapping herbivores around! :)

In my mind it's hard to beat a Tikka T3X in a factory rifle. My 300 Win Mag and 6.5 Creedmoor, both shoot Moa, are light to carry, cycle smooth, and when you replace the recoil pad with a lib saver it just makes them great hunting rigs.

Bergara Approach in 300 PRC I just got mine and I am supremely impressed! It shoots heavier bullets than my 300 RUM likes so it fits perfect in my catalog. I will continue to use the RUM for deer, sheep and pronghorn and use the PRC for the heavy work like big deer, elk and moose.
This is the first time I've heard of the rum being used for light duty :)

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?
I'm very happy Browning varmint target in 6.5 Creedmoor that now I just ordered one in 28 Nosler

"Do not seek the treasure!" You already have a suitable rifle.

I'm looking to be around $2,000 for the rifle itself, but will spend a little more if need be.
I'll second the guy a few posts up who recommended a Bergara (anything in the premier series). The Approach and Highlander have heavier contour barrels while still having stocks geared towards hunting. EuroOptic has both of those in the $1,600-$1,700 range. I have two Bergaras that both shoot sub .5MOA, very happy with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.