What factory rifle?

I have Ridgeline's in both .300 and 28 Nosler and an Xbolt in 28 Nosler. Feel free to ask if you have specific questions, but most caliber related questions are covered in these forums. The CA .300 had a frustrating flier issue for a little while with heavier bullets...bedded the action and problem solved. All 3 are right at half minute guns with their respected Berger or Accubonds tuned loads. Both 28 Nosler's have actually been quite easy to work up loads for. There are better bench guns, but these guns are Hunters and fit the bill well. I feel confident in saying they shoot better than I can.

Edit - You are going to get a much better trigger on the CA guns. They also have way more options for stocks, triggers, mounts, etc being a 700 style actions. Food for thought if you are a tinkerer.

Last edited:
Tikka t3x. Excellent shooters for the price. If you ever shoot it out, they are excellent actions to build a project off of.
I've never owned a Tikka, but I've always been impressed when I've handled one. I've heard of a builder here in Utah that specializes in building off of the Tikka actions. I may end up giving him a call.

Bergara Approach in 300 PRC I just got mine and I am supremely impressed! It shoots heavier bullets than my 300 RUM likes so it fits perfect in my catalog. I will continue to use the RUM for deer, sheep and pronghorn and use the PRC for the heavy work like big deer, elk and moose.
I haven't looked into the 300 prc much at all, but I've shot a few Bergeras and have been impressed.

I've never owned a Tikka, but I've always been impressed when I've handled one. I've heard of a builder here in Utah that specializes in building off of the Tikka actions. I may end up giving him a call.
If interested in tikka type builds, ask idahoctd on the forum here. He builds accurate tikka stuff

Can you expand on what kind of issues with the ridge line barrels people are having.
I've had multiple people tell me they've had to debarred their Christensens to get them to shoot, and I've seen similar things posted when I googled them. It could be a rare occurrence, but I'd hate to get a lemon.

I have Ridgeline's in both .300 and 28 Nosler and an Xbolt in 28 Nosler. Feel free to ask if you have specific questions, but most caliber related questions are covered in these forums. The CA .300 had a frustrating flier issue for a little while with heavier bullets...bedded the action and problem solved. All 3 are right at half minute guns with their respected Berger or Accubonds tuned loads. Both 28 Nosler's have actually been quite easy to work up loads for. There are better bench guns, but these guns are Hunters and fit the bill well. I feel confident in saying they shoot better than I can.

Edit - You are going to get a much better trigger on the CA guns. They also have way more options for stocks, triggers, mounts, etc being a 700 style actions. Food for thought if you are a tinkerer.
Thanks for the info! The aftermarket options were another reason I was leaning to the Christensen.

I'm looking for a factory rifle that I can use for anything and everything, and that has the ability to reach out there at longer distances. I'm currently shooting a Remington Sendero in .300 rum, and I've killed a lot of animals with it, but I've never been able to feel completely confident in it. I've been looking at the browning hells canyon LR and the Christensen Arms Ridgeline. The ridgeline has all the features I'm looking for, but I've heard that it's not uncommon for them to have accuracy issues due to issues with the barrels. I'm also trying to decide between a .300 win and a 28 nosler. What are your guys thoughts?

Just curious, why have you never been completely confident in the .300 Rum?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.