Factory Ammo! What A Pain

Ina way the OP is correct. When 5.7 x 28 ammo for my FN PS90 and RUGER 57 went to $60. and then $80.+ for a box of 50 I quit shooting them and saved my hoard.

Then I saw that 9 mm ammo was "relatively" inexpensive so, having both a GLOCK 17 and RUGER LC0s in 9 mm I decided to get a RUGER PC chassis model. After some M*CARBO and MAGPUL upgrades like a folding stock I now happily bang away with that gun loaded with 31 round "happy sticks".

So yeah, this ammo shortage can make one re-think firearms choices.
Yeah and I'm not out of ammo. I have a safe just for ammo and it is full to the brim and more ammo stored on the shelves. My buddy has a box of the Hornady ELDX 162's and two boxes of HS 180 Grain Berger HPBT Hunting VLD's. I've never shot the HS but they are there for me. He had a build done in 7 MM mag and then traded it!

I'm willing to pay somewhat of a fair price. I just bought 80 rounds of 6.5 Cereedmoor ELDX 143 grain for 210 dollars shipped. But I'm not going to pay 6 bucks a round. I can wait. 6 bucks a round is not buying, that's being extorted.
Law of supply and demand, your demand just isn't there yet.

However, you're in luck ammoseek.com has Hornady 162 grain ELD-X ammo for $4 a round. There are plenty of cheaper options if you're willing to try a different bullet. If it's primary going to be a hunting rifle I'd look at Brownings offering with the 139 GMX for $2.50 a round.

It seems that everyone laments the availability of ammo for their rifles. I just checked Federal for 7MM Mag and they have no less than 5 different loads available in the premium line alone. Didn't bother to check all available varieties offered there. Try this link https://www.federalpremium.com/rifle/premium-centerfire-rifle/
which should take you to the Federal Premium 7MM Mag listings. You can order the ones that show available direct from them at the website above. That goes for everyone else lamenting about no ammo. It's available you just have to look for it. While you are at it you might check Sig Sauer ammo as well as Midway USA. These web sites sell at MSRP not MSRP with a plus ripoff price.
They crunch seems to slowly being relieved. If you shoot proprietary rounds like the Nos, Hornady/.Ruger Win those companies will get those covered first and then expand.

The other strictly ammo suppliers will start with what moves fastest.

If you shoot something like the 300 Rum which is becoming more of a specialty round it's going to be a long time coming.

I made a dial into BC type,now I need mil ,for swap to other rifle.Also looking for goods,found plenty bullets but need to test before I commit.Either have to use powder saved for my NMag or keep searching.Saw box of 300 rum on shelf under $80.I had pay for factor on forum to get rifle rolling.

Primers are hit and miss right now here too. Because they are all STAYING IN THE STATES....LOL! But seriously we seem to have them more readily available than you but keep in mind we have about 1/9th the population to fight for them and 4-5 months of restricted shooting due to weather!
Canadian Tire has had, it seems, been receiving frequent shipments of CCI primers. Albeit it requires a resident to purchase and export I believe is a no-no. My shooting buddies just across the border are shooting frequently, but paying dearly as well.

Canadian Tire has had, it seems, been receiving frequent shipments of CCI primers. Albeit it requires a resident to purchase and export I believe is a no-no. My shooting buddies just across the border are shooting frequently, but paying dearly as well.
There is no problem for an individual to declare at either border that they are bringing powder, primers, components across. It is illegal to mail powder or primers however.

There is no way that I would get a turret for my scope for factory ammo….
Unless you can buy several cases of the same lot#, it is an exercise in futility.
Even the same Lot# is no guarantee that it will be the same velocity, it comes off different lines at the same time. Most will tell you that factory ammo varies from box to box. I have Barnes 300 RUM 180g TTSX from the same lot# and each box has varied by 50fps or more and none have shown the 3250fps on the box. They have run 3030-3120fps.

Cheers.

Got a new rifle couldn't find ammo Paid premium on forum Then today a good deal game up, course it's gone now While back I bought factor 325 wsm was cheaper than I could find brass so bought few boxes

There is no problem for an individual to declare at either border that they are bringing powder, primers, components across. It is illegal to mail powder or primers however.
Is it necessary to have a pal card or current CBSA firearms declaration to purchase components? It has been required of myself (US citizen) for the purchase of loaded ammunition.

Is it necessary to have a pal card or current CBSA firearms declaration to purchase components? It has been required of myself (US citizen) for the purchase of loaded ammunition.
You will need a Canadian to purchase it for you only if it's loaded ammunition with a Pal. If it's components...powder, primers or projectiles NO. Gun...yes..scopes NO!