Factory Ammo

LongTime

I hope someone can help me. After getting the run around for 2 months from double tapp they refunded my money could not fill order. Problem is last year i bought 6 boxes of there ammmo and my rifle loved it. 300WM 200gr accubond 2950fps out of a 24" tube. Could someone give me a handload close to that or better yet a costume maufacturer THANKS

Why a costume manufacturer? Are you gonna break in to their factory and load some of your own? :D

I would suggest getting your hands on a chronograph and trying to duplicate the velocity of the Doubletap stuff with a handload. A quick search of this site turned up a possible recipe:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/200-grain-accubond-loads-300-win-mag-47545/#post320351

It would also help if you could load them to the same depth as the factory stuff since the amount of jump to the lands can affect accuracy quite a bit. Measure one if you have any left, or maybe Doubletap would be kind enough to tell you the specs on their loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.