What do you think they should get?

Well I guess its just a matter of how you feel about your country and the laws by which it stands. The American Bald Eagle is "the symbol" of our nation. Kill one and you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, period. Whether your a citizen of the United States or an illegal alien the penalty should be the same. The law is the law, it should not be bent or broken just because they didn't know any better. If you think otherwise you part of the problem, not the solution. Just because your hungry doesn't mean you shouldn't have to obey the laws where you are at the time.
👍🏼🇺🇲

Apparently based on the article posted, they were shot often back in the early 1900s and later. Since the ESA was established in 1970 they have began increasing in numbers. Yeah, they broke the law, they shouldn't have shot it. They should be prosecuted just as anyone else would be, or just fined and deported. We wouldn't get anything monetary out of it either way. Some of you guys are way too attached to an animal that has been declared a symbol. Yeah they're cool animals, but it's not a big enough deal to make this many pages in here. I get more upset when I hear of trophy sheep or elk getting poached. Nobody seems to get this worked about those incidents.
You don't understand national pride. And poachers should be drawn and quartered. No excuses.

I'm nowhere near as upset about this as a poached game species. Was there malicious intent or were they truly hungry trying to eat something? Article doesn't say.

Bald Eagles are just overgrown dumpster gulls and are absolutely everywhere. Especially dumps. No idea why people think it's prestigious other than it's been made a symbol.
Never had to defend your country or your brothers and sisters in arms have you. If you had, you would know to what I speak. By the way, in most states bald eagles are not everywhere. Only in a few areas do they thrive.

You don't understand national pride. And poachers should be drawn and quartered. No excuses.
I don't understand national pride? Really? That's a bold statement to make. I have more pride in my Nation than I do a bird though. Sure it's a symbol and they're cool, but it's not the Nation.

Last edited:
Rather than expending all of this energy on LRH, contact the Nebraska Fish Cops. May be slightly more productive.

Never had to defend your country or your brothers and sisters in arms have you. If you had, you would know to what I speak. By the way, in most states bald eagles are not everywhere. Only in a few areas do they thrive.
Okay you're making a ton of assumptions about a lot of people on this thread with no evidence. I'm not trying to start anything either please understand that. I've had lots of good conversation with you in the past and look forward to more in the future 🙂. Nothing but good will here.

But it's honestly starting to seem like the point of this thread has been to identify people who don't feel or think the same as you and then go after them about that. No one here is trashing your country, nor your honourable service to it. Not everyone feels as strongly about symbolism and that doesn't mean they think you're ridiculous for feeling as strongly as you do nor does it automatically prove they've never sacrificed anything for their country or that their not patriots. Heck I'm not even American but my nation is very secure in the world in many ways because of our relationship with the USA and so I will still say

Thank you for your service.

No one here is against you sir.

There's probably a lot more of us on here that have served this fine country than you think. Just because I don't have my username as "EOD Dude" doesn't mean that I didn't do some **** and lose a lot of friends in combat. You should probably climb down off of your high horse and realize that not everyone has to have the same opinion as you. That's one of the greatest things about this country.

But in America, we don't eat our national symbol!
I agree, and I'm not making any excuses for these guys, but in our local mountains here (Ca ) we have an area where alot of the "migrants" congregate to wash their clothes in the San Gabriel river on weekends. They do it the way our great grandmothers did it. Pounding the clothes on rocks in the river, hand wringing them and spreading them on sunny rocks to dry.
Most of these people coming here are looking for a better live than they have a possibility of having in their native countries and they bring their culture with them. What seems normal to them, "killing and eating a big bird" is in this country against the law, which they probably don't know anything about and in their country if there was some kind of a law prohibiting it, they probably didn't follow it either.
Again, not excusing it but different cultures have different customs.
Mike

Apparently based on the article posted, they were shot often back in the early 1900s and later. Since the ESA was established in 1970 they have began increasing in numbers. Yeah, they broke the law, they shouldn't have shot it. They should be prosecuted just as anyone else would be, or just fined and deported. We wouldn't get anything monetary out of it either way. Some of you guys are way too attached to an animal that has been declared a symbol. Yeah they're cool animals, but it's not a big enough deal to make this many pages in here. I get more upset when I hear of trophy sheep or elk getting poached. Nobody seems to get this worked about those incidents.

Couldn't agree more. I typed up about 200 words for this guys and then thought its just a waste of time for someone that just doesn't get it! Keep up the good fight, I'm with ya!

I agree, and I'm not making any excuses for these guys, but in our local mountains here (Ca ) we have an area where alot of the "migrants" congregate to wash their clothes in the San Gabriel river on weekends. They do it the way our great grandmothers did it. Pounding the clothes on rocks in the river, hand wringing them and spreading them on sunny rocks to dry.
Most of these people coming here are looking for a better live than they have a possibility of having in their native countries and they bring their culture with them. What seems normal to them, "killing and eating a big bird" is in this country against the law, which they probably don't know anything about and in their country if there was some kind of a law prohibiting it, they probably didn't follow it either.
Again, not excusing it but different cultures have different customs.
Mike

I agree with the concept of your post, however…..if they(illegal) were not allowed here by the millions, this would not be an issue.

Yes, we're only discussing a bird, and yes it is our national symbol which should be respected…..but this merely a microcosm of the real problem! memtb

I agree with the concept of your post, however…..if they(illegal) were not allowed here by the millions, this would not be an issue.

Yes, we're only discussing a bird, and yes it is our national symbol which should be respected…..but this merely a microcosm of the real problem! memtb
Absolutely agree with you. Here in SoCal we have a horrible illegal problem going back 40 years.
Brandon hasn't helped that issue.
Mike

ThinkN we're probably already payN the tab to put em up at the Super 8' on Big Joe's the name. If you try putting em in Jail would just cost taxpayers more money. Give em each a big roll or 2 of lawn N leaf bags, the Sam's club size. Then take em out to I-80, safety vest, and have em walk the ditch for cans, bottles, coffee cups, any litter fillup the trash bags, a bit of conservation work. Show em what a Ringneck Pheasant looks like and let em try again, in November next year, for a good meal.

Last edited:
ThinkN we're probably already payN the tab to put em up at the Super 8' on Big Joe's the name. If ur try putting em in Jail would just cost taxpayers more money. Give em each a big roll or 2 of lawn N leaf bags, the Sam's club size. Then take out to I-80, safety vest, and have em walk the ditch for cans, bottles, coffee cups, any litter fillip the trash bags, a bit of conservation work. Show em what a Ringneck Pheasant looks like and let em try again, in November next year, for a good meal.

And after a year of "indentured servitude"…..load their "donkeys" on a C 130, each with a parachute, and deposit them from where they came from. I would have zero problem if some fail to open the chute, as they had zero issues in learning and abiding our laws! memtb

Rib-eye of the sky?

I feel taking a knee on the anthem in public settings or any setting is far more disgraceful than killing a eagle that we just don't know the full story or mindset . Right now there is far bigger fish to fry than this in our country. At ease.
But by damnn we are ready to lynch anyone that thinks/looks different. Lima Charlie.

Last edited: