What do you think they should get?

Education… these Honduran men who needed an interpreter most likely didn't know or understand that big meal was illegal. It's not an excuse but being hungry we would make some crazy decisions ourselves. There were going to eat it, to me it wasn't going to waste. Im not saying it's ok it's just my opinion.
If you're going to reside in this (still) great nation you need to know our laws.

If you're going to reside in this (still) great nation you need to know our laws.
Totally Agree! I have visited/worked in over 30 countries, never once had I have a problem. It's the visitor's duty to know the laws of the country and behave accordingly. If you go to Singapore, for example, and have chewing gum, you can go to jail and get caned. If you get caught with drugs in Bangladesh, you could be executed, or life in prison. So, visitors, no matter where you go, even from one state to another, know the law or take the punishment.

Fence the boarder and crack down on illegal aliens would be a great start. I think Hunter Biden has a much larger rap sheet than these poor souls, lets make an example out of he, Obama, Hillary and Pelosi. They have broken many more laws each, and all were done with full knowledge of the laws they were breaking and "getting away" with it.

What do you think would happen if an American did a similar thing in their country?
it would be severe. Likely executed depending on where.

I love my country, and will die for it if that time comes, But currently, we are the laughingstock for the world.
I doubt those 2 (likely illegal) will face any punishment whatsoever

Here's a real story for you. An Asian legal immigrant nanny was arrested for strangling pigeons in the local park. She honestly thought they were ok to cook for dinner. Just didn't know any better. Of course the local park goers were aghast as they saw her wring the pigeons necks.

Here's a real story for you. An Asian legal immigrant nanny was arrested for strangling pigeons in the local park. She honestly thought they were ok to cook for dinner. Just didn't know any better. Of course the local park goers were aghast as they saw her wring the pigeons necks.
See and I don't feel as strongly about any of this as most of you on here haha. Arresting that lady seems incredibly over the top ridiculous. Issue a fine sure…arrest someone???? Good lord. But we're increasingly decriminalizing the drugs that are ruining communities, but oh no, the thought of someone literally killing an animal to eat it, you know, like we did before grocery stores were around…well that's evil!!!!!

Regarding this eagle…I'm not American so I'm not emotionally invested in that particular creature. I can tell you that as a Canadian I wouldn't be particularly angry if someone shot a beaver with the intent of eating the darn thing. Of course, if eagles built dams and felled trees maybe you guys wouldn't be so enamoured with them either 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As bad as I hate to admit it Im surprised they even arrested them.
I used to hunt there and the game warden is so over run by people not showing up for sentencing they just quit writing out tickets for breaking the laws.
Im just happy they caught them and think they should be made an example out of. Confiscate vehicle gun and what ever else they have with them or on them. Fine jail, deport them.
They should not of been using a rifle for birds in the first place.
Why tie up the court system just hang them
Odds are they broke the law when they came here.
they broke the law when they stayed here.
they were driving without a license and odds are no hunting license, habitat stamp.
Odds are pretty good they are not law abiding and have no intention of doing so in the future

Well I guess its just a matter of how you feel about your country and the laws by which it stands. The American Bald Eagle is "the symbol" of our nation. Kill one and you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, period. Whether your a citizen of the United States or an illegal alien the penalty should be the same. The law is the law, it should not be bent or broken just because they didn't know any better. If you think otherwise you part of the problem, not the solution. Just because your hungry doesn't mean you shouldn't have to obey the laws where you are at the time.

They had hunting equipment, so I am presuming they were hunters in Honduras. I presume they knew hunting laws, as they have them in Honduras. They were capable of operating the rifle properly, they killed the eagle.
Provide a trial, provide the same penalty as they would receive in the Honduras if found guilty of poaching a native and protected animal/bird.