What do you think they should get?

This prosecution is a waste of time and money of two probably illegals that had no idea what they were doing. Take the time and money and go after the illegals who know what they are doing bringing fentanyl into this country.
It's not a waste of time at all. No one can get away with this. I guarantee that if sort of thing happened in a foreign country, that country would persecute an American. No excuses!

For me.
1. Ignorance of the law does not a defense make. That's a close I remember it, gqjote from a president
2. In Norway they take drinking and driving seriously, so in addition to long driving suspension and prison term, the fine is a percentage of your income. High enough so you feel it. I think that's an example we can follow for poachers.
Just MHO

Last edited:
For me.
1. Ignorance of the law does not a defense make. That's a close I remember it, gqjote from a president
2. In Norway they take drinking and driving seriously, so in addition to long driving suspension and prison term, the fine is a percentage of your income. High enough so you feel it. I think that's an example we can follow for poachers.
Just MHO
Well said!

Not knowing is absolutely no excuse. Please don't tell me that was the only food available. Not buying it for a second.
Your post asked "for opinions of others" on what should be done, I gave you my opinion. I clearly stated it's not an excuse. I didn't say it wasn't the only food available, you assumed that. These people are human and we ALL make mistakes. I wasn't there and I'm sure you weren't either so just based on what was shared I gave my opinion and I in no way said I was right or wrong.

Your post asked "for opinions of others" on what should be done, I gave you my opinion. I clearly stated it's not an excuse. I didn't say it wasn't the only food available, you assumed that. These people are human and we ALL make mistakes. I wasn't there and I'm sure you weren't either so just based on what was shared I gave my opinion and I in no way said I was right or wrong.
I did ask for opinions. And everyone has one. This goes beyond a simple mistake. Those guys knew what they were doing. We are responsible for our actions. Its about accountability. The bird they killed is the national symbol of this country. Not just a protected species. This is a hot topic for me because I spent my entire life in the service of this country. 21 years as the dependant of a career military officer and myself also as carreer military. I may be retired now, but with being prior career military, you are never "really" retired. Its ingrained in me. As such, I think it's a really bad deal when people hunt illegally, at game that is protected, with little to no respect for what they know little (or nothing) of. As foreigners, they should have known a few particulars about their "host" country. A few customs and courtesies, social norms, national issues, and the like. I certainly know that I never traveled anywhere in this world either in the military or as a civilian tourist without knowing a "little" about where I was or what was acceptable or not. I knew not doing so could "bring down my world". All this said, I believe with all my heart that it's a really bad deal when I have to stand by and learn about anyone that infringes on my national pride. I will not stand for it. Whatever the reason. What do you think would happen if an American did a similar thing in their country? Those guys should have known better. And now they may have to pay a price for that ignorance. At the core, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Enough said. Out.

We are responsible for our actions. Its about accountability.
Yes WE are responsible for our actions but others, not so much. Accountability has gone. Didn't state but I am assuming that they are one of the millions who walked in through the open border with no responsibility or accountability.