What do you guys think of this???????

A lot of folks are cringing at the whole idea of the video... remember the guy did it willingly and with a great spirit. I don't think he was taking himself too seriously. I think is it cool as heck that Backfire took him up on it and that he took the challenge. A lot..... of folks would not have shown up for the challenge. A lot.... of folks would have made a ton of excuses. It was not intended to a be super realistic hunting challenge. Backfire said he did not believe anyone could hit 100/100 targets from ranges between 100 and 600 yds on a separate video. The guy said that he could, along with several others. I am not a Marine. And other Marines may not agree, but at least give this Marine credit for showing up, not making excuses, and staying positive in the face of adversity. I don't think the guy thought he could hit all targets. I do think he thought he would be better than he did. But I believe the guy when he said he mainly did it to meet Jim and be on his channel, which I think is awesome. I agree with many of you that said the challenge needs refinement. But I would like the see the series in some format continue. I agree with others it would be awesome to see some of the other Youtubers take the challenge. It would be awesome for some of the members here to take on the challenge. Not the identical challenge, but something similar. I do think it is interesting to see how many criticize Backfire for putting out very successful content. It is like a lot of content it is intended to spark discussion and debate and raise awareness that a lot of us (myself included) don't have any business shooting at critters (other than pigs) beyond 300 to 500 maybe 600 yds. For those of you who have not realized this "everything on YouTube is clickbait." It is designed to get clicks. That is how it works. That is how Youtube and the content creators make money.
Well said.

Well, That puts that challenge to rest!! A shooter of his stature and experience had a real problem, that tells me anyone body could!!! I just missed 3 out of three at 900 yards this past Sunday , with a fancy custom" In House Rifle " in 308 , that was at the Griffin and Howe range I don't feel quite so bad now.

Not me Red....I'm a little more crafty about it...I take all the targets so everyone can see them...and write their names on them infront of everyone.... then I send all the boys to set-up at the shooting bench while I hang the Targets with their names on them at 500 yards......then I hole punch mine...!!!
Very Crafty my friend. Very Crafty. We need to go bear hunting together. I have to see how you pull that trick on the bear. 🤣

Come on up this fall....I'll show you! You can get a decent Bear just sitting on my front deck! I'll just move the Oats out another 400 yards for you!
You better move those oats closer. I shoot my good groups with a hole punch, remember. I am married to my shop for one more year, then I can have more than just weekends off.

A lot of bashing going on here. Jim didn't do anything wrong imo. The marine said he could do it and so Jim brought him out. Pretty interesting how it went and it was very clear the shooter was very green. His channel is about making money of course but you can tell it's also his passion. I find his vids entertaining, definitely not groundbreaking but he seems respectful enough. A lot of hate and jealousy towards him on this thread unfortunately.

Hopefully I'm not remembering this incorrectly . This thread reminds me of something that happened 25 to 35 years ago.

Many gunwriters were invited to come to a shooting match. One target deer size 500 yards distance. Each guy got three shots. Only one guy hit the target and he hit it three times out of three. Made a 1 5/8" group. That was Jim Carmichael. Maybe you guys remember.

Not really a fan of this YouTube channel but for the sake of Long Range Hunting and all the hate it gets as not being ethical, I would love to see more of this type of "testing" propagated around the country. Im a big proponent of fixed size targets for hunting practice as apposed to increasing the size with distance. Most matches I go to keep the targets within an MOA range like 1-3moa. This is considerably different than say an 8" target at every distance representing a fixed vital zone size. Should be super easy at 100 and increasingly difficult as distance increase. Max effective range would change from day to day depending on weather.

I also really liked that he had targets in brush to challenge more skill sets than just the trigger pressing.

As for the quantity of milk jugs, steel targets get real affordable considering the sourcing of single use targets like that. Need a milk sponsor or a commercial account for bottling supplies

A lot of bashing going on here. Jim didn't do anything wrong imo. The marine said he could do it and so Jim brought him out. Pretty interesting how it went and it was very clear the shooter was very green. His channel is about making money of course but you can tell it's also his passion. I find his vids entertaining, definitely not groundbreaking but he seems respectful enough. A lot of hate and jealousy towards him on this thread unfortunately.
Agreed.

While I'm certainly not a Backfire subscriber/fan, he does have a pro 2A channel thats not horrible. I would have never seen that vid if it wasn't posted here.

I'm not fan of the honady podcast, but that doesn't mean I hate the guys that broadcast their show or everything they stand for. I simply don't listen to many of the episodes they produce because it's not my cup of tea. I certainly don't lose sleep over it.

EC has a whole series of video's that is similar with PRS guys.

Great video! I thought it showed some real skill by good shooters 2" target at 500yds is a tough hit.

It would be interesting to see the score for 25 shots on the 10" target all alone. I think we saw some variation in those skilled folks ability to hit the larger targets. I think we also saw an unacceptably high level of feed issues.

Although 243 WSSM?..Who is trying to feed that!

I watched their videos more than a decade ago. I don't think they have made one in the last couple years. They were a great long range hunting team. You gave me hope!