What do you think they should get?

Just received this in Meateater email 🙄

Just received this in Meateater email 🙄
That's some interesting stuff there.
Pods? Never heard of that before.
Everyone that has a dog should make sure they stay in the yard or have a bright orange collar so they are not mistaken for a wolf or coyote.

Last edited:
That's some interesting stuff there.
Pods? Never heard of that before.
Everyone that has a dog should make sure they stay in the yard or have a bright orange collar so they are not mistaken for a wolf or coyote.
I've never heard of pods either.
Both my dogs have blaze orange collars on and when I take them hunting a blaze orange harness. They are never more than 10 yds. From me either.

I've never heard of pods either.
Both my dogs have blaze orange collars on and when I take them hunting a blaze orange harness. They are never more than 10 yds. From me either.
If that husky the woman shot had parvo it would have died a miserable slow death. Not that I think it's ok to shoot dogs but she probably did it a favor.

Have seen a wild dog or two, chasing deer thru the timber. Seems they're usually, not been combed in a year, no collar on, they act Nuts and most guys just go get a shovel for em. Not ever heard of taking the pelt to the tannery.
the old "shoot, shovel, and shut up" approach. Probably wise.

Education… these Honduran men who needed an interpreter most likely didn't know or understand that big meal was illegal. It's not an excuse but being hungry we would make some crazy decisions ourselves. There were going to eat it, to me it wasn't going to waste. Im not saying it's ok it's just my opinion.
Too many golf course geese out there for that excuse. Charge them for a felony and deport them

That Pod deal sounds like fiction from an old King Arthur story. What poison would kill a deer and still allow safe consumption of the venison?

Years ago a poison was both legal and very effective for bow hunters in Mississippi! I never heard of anyone dying from the deer meat……I have no idea what the poison was! memtb

Years ago a poison was both legal and very effective for bow hunters in Mississippi! I never heard of anyone dying from the deer meat……I have no idea what the poison was! memtb
Poisons can be combinations of thousands or chemicals, or just one, and different concoctions affect the body in very different ways. For example, you can drink snake venom. The acids and enzymes in your stomach will break down the molecules and render them inert. But if that venom enters the bloodstream through a cut or open wound well, getting envenomed isn't fun.

Just don't ask how I know this.....

Lifetime hunting ban, felony conviction, ALL weapons confiscated and sold off, 1 yr in jail and $100k fine each (can be up to $250k and 5 yrs prison). Which if the trophy poachers got a fraction of that, the crap would stop. They do get a fraction about 2% of it.
The above sounds like a fine start, with a rapid progression to drawing and quartering.