What .257 bullet are you shooting?

Shot a 25-06 since 1991. Mostly used 100 gr barnes. accurate and deadly. Barrel is gone, and building a 25 prc with a 1:8 brux. will be shooting 133 and 135 bergers out of it when done. There are lots of these around right now, so get online and find and order what you think you need. Have not tried Hammers, but will when done with the berger developement. Just bought 300 of each this week..

I just built a 25 creedmoor and worked a load up with the 117 gr. Absolute Hammers. Getting 3150 fps on a brand new barrel with 46 grain of staball 6.5. Haven't used it on game yet but as you can see others are happy with the terminal performance.
1-8 twist or faster ? I am having one machined right now in a 1-8 brux. Have a bunch of 133 bergers but will also consider hammers because the absolutes are great in a 280 I have.

I use 61 grains of H1000 in a 25-06 ackley with 115 bergers. 3400 is what I have entered in my shooter app and it still seems to run high at extended ranges. It's close, but don't have it 100% dialed yet. That charge may be too much in other 2506ackleys, but my lilja 3 groove doesn't show any pressure with it.

I'm using a 90 grain absolute hammer in my 25-06. Push em hard and watch stuff die.

Through the decades and for medium to larger game, I have used 80TTSX, 85X, 100TTSX, 100BT's, 110AB's, 115Bergers, 117 Sierra, and varied 120's. For varmints, it has been mostly 85NBT. All have performed well within their range and game size limits, but the last several years, mostly I have stayed with the 80TTSX, 110AB and 115Berger.

1-8 twist or faster ? I am having one machined right now in a 1-8 brux. Have a bunch of 133 bergers but will also consider hammers because the absolutes are great in a 280 I have.
My barrel is 1-7 but on the hammer website I believe they list minimum twist at 1-8.5 so you should be fine. I originally had my barrel built to shoot the 128 hammer but the BC between the 128 and 121 is minimal and it's not much difference then to the 117 Absolute either. Supposed to be able to push the absolute hammers faster and I am hoping to see some more speed when I get some more rounds down the barrel.

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a .25SST build. I had planned on shooting the heavies, not specifically for their BC. But because I have a good bit H1000. I really like this powder in my 6.5rsaum. But with the shortage of 131 ACEs and 133 Bergen's, I'm looking for options. it has me reconsidering and thinking another 6.5???
I love the 131 BJ ACE they kill everything DRT from speed goats to elk in my 25x284. I run the ACE bullets 3150 fps with H4831 and am good results with RL22 and RL26. settled in on a load yet for the RL26. The Berger 133 VLD would be another great bullet.

That's freaking awesome and a total laser beam of death. I love my 7 STW and have considered a 6.5 or 257 STW build. May have to start looking at this again.
Just don`t plan on long barrel life.😂 But yes the impact "whop" on game is very audible at 400 lol

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a .25SST build. I had planned on shooting the heavies, not specifically for their BC. But because I have a good bit H1000. I really like this powder in my 6.5rsaum. But with the shortage of 131 ACEs and 133 Bergen's, I'm looking for options. it has me reconsidering and thinking another 6.5???
I shoot a semi custom 25 284 built by k&p gun Co this year I tried the 81gr shock hammers and I think they should change the name to wicked hammers cause they are wicked fast wicked accurate and do a wicked job on deer

There's no shortage of 133s & 135s. I'm over loaded with them & 25 CM Peterson brass. My problem was finding a 7.5 twist 25 cal Bartlein blank. I canceled my build due to the barrel, but at the moment there's a surplus of bullets.

This popped up in my mailbox? I didn't look at the date. I figured it was current.