What .257 bullet are you shooting?

I've reloaded for the 25-06 for many years.
Had many different factory rifles.
Tikka was the best one
Anyway, my two favorite bullets for hunting are 117 SST and 120 Partition.
If I rebarrel, it will be an improved chamber twisted appropriately for the the 133-135s
Never shot any of the Barnes but always wanted too

I have been using 120gr Hornady HPs for more than 20 years out of my .25-06, but they're pretty much unobtainium these days. Sierra 120gr HPBT works almost as well. They are a little softer up close, but might be a tad better at 400+.

I've tried most everything that will stabilize, and it's splitting hairs between quality bullets. I didn't like Hornady sst up close, same with Speers hot core. The copper ones are good close up but lackluster when the velocity drops off a bit.

If you're hunting open ground the heavier Bergers will be tough to outperform. But if you're mostly looking at shorter distance game, you'd probably have a hard time finding something that doesn't work.

Was using a 120 Nosler PT in my 25-06, excellent results every time. Now working up a load with Barnes 100 gr TSX. Great feedback on the 100's, lets see what results are.

Sierra 120 Gamekings shoot really well out of my 25-06, so well that I really haven't shot much else. Middle book load with IMR 4350.

I've killed a lot of deer with a 25 cal using 110 accubond, 100ttsx and 100 grain swift scirocco. The fastest killer I've used hands down is the 115 ballistic tip
I just bought several boxes of the 115 Bal. Silvertip at a really good price. I am going to work up a load for my Sendero 25-06AI.
I have thought this bullet to be a little "soft" yet almost everyone who actually use it get great results so I am going to give them a try. I am expecting 3300+ fps.

Several of us made 257 Weatherbys. All use 3 groove 1 in 10 twist Lilja with custom reamer with less freebore and a 1 1/2 degree throat angle.

All rifles are using the 115 Berger VLD. Depending on barrel length 24"-28" rifles are getting 3500 to 3650 with RL-25 or RL-33.

I have taken 12 coues wt, one antelope and a javelina to date. The other guys have taken another 15 coues wt, 6 elk, 4 mule deer, another antelope and 2 javelina.

JayR01,

I'm running the 92 grain Hammer Hunters at 3400-3450 fps with H4350. Haven't shot anything yet but should knock a deer on his butt. Haven't done enough shooting yet to settle on an exact powder charge yet.

If you only have H1000 powder I used it with good results with 110 grain Nosler Accubonds on many deer. It does break up inside the animal in my experience.

Seabeeken,

What is your velocity with the 75 grain Hammers? powder?

Thank you
3527 fps with IMR-3031 in 250AI, .032" @100, SD 5.8