What .257 bullet are you shooting?

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a .25SST build. I had planned on shooting the heavies, not specifically for their BC. But because I have a good bit H1000. I really like this powder in my 6.5rsaum. But with the shortage of 131 ACEs and 133 Bergen's, I'm looking for options. it has me reconsidering and thinking another 6.5???

Barnes did make 100gr .25 cal bullets blue-coated bullet that was not only fast in my .257 Weatherby Mag but dealy accuracte, it was called the Barnes XLC I also used them in my .224 Wby Mag 1-14 twist, in 50gr. again it's the only bullet that really shoots well in my .224 Wby Mag, I was smart enough to by a few thounsand of the 50gr'ers back in the day. I sold the MkV .257 Wby along with what was left of the 100gr XLC bullets and loaded brass. I'm lead to beleive that the 100gr TTSX BT is kinda it's replacement, could be??? I don't know. What I do know is that the blue-coated ones were outstanding bullets.

1641490687205.png

I'd look at some hammers. I'm about to convert my 257ai to hammers but you'd be able to shoot something a little heavier with that much powder behind it.

JayR01,

I'm running the 92 grain Hammer Hunters at 3400-3450 fps with H4350. Haven't shot anything yet but should knock a deer on his butt. Haven't done enough shooting yet to settle on an exact powder charge yet.

If you only have H1000 powder I used it with good results with 110 grain Nosler Accubonds on many deer. It does break up inside the animal in my experience.

Seabeeken,

What is your velocity with the 75 grain Hammers? powder?

Thank you

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a .25SST build. I had planned on shooting the heavies, not specifically for their BC. But because I have a good bit H1000. I really like this powder in my 6.5rsaum. But with the shortage of 131 ACEs and 133 Bergen's, I'm looking for options. it has me reconsidering and thinking another 6.5???
You can load up on 133's right now. No shortage unless YOU choose not buy when available and they're readily available right now. :)
1641503157002.png