What reloading dies are you using?

Moman

I've been a handloader for many years and have always used the standard RCBS Full Length Dies. Lately I have been reading some of the threads posted regarding several other brands (Forster, Lee, Redding etc). I just took a look at the Midway Website and see they have Forster, Hornady, Lee, RCBS, Redding and others. They have Full Length, Neck, Match, Gold Medal Match, Type S, Bushing. The list is extensive. I want to take my HUNTING handloads to the next level and would like to start by upgading the dies. Let me know what you guys and gals have had good luck with.

If you're gonna use a 7/8"x14 die I have found the Redding S dies are very good in producing accurate ammo. RCBS has jumped on the bushing die wagon too. Just sizing part of the neck is critical to good ammo especially in factory rifle as well as custom barrels. I have switched to Wilson dies lately and I like them. I can put the press and dies and scales etc and off to the range I go. I have taken my rockchucker and all the stuff too but the arbor press takes less room and more convienent to me. My 2¢

For hunting, full-length re-sizing provides the feed reliability required. Redding's FL bushing sizer is excellent. A sleeved seater provides straight loads. Redding's has a micrometer which you may not need. Forster's standard seater is an economic alternate.

15 years ago, when I started loading, I was using the Rcbs dies. Now I have been buying Redding dies - the package set Neck, FL and the seater. I just recieved my first Redding Compatition seater and will give'er a whirl. I tried to load some 22-250 with my old RCBS and I was getting .01 runout on lots of shells that had a .002 or .003 or less runout on the case (that is when I placed the order for the comp seater die).

I really think if I was going to purchase a new cal, I would spend the $ to get the type S neck die, body die and the comp seater die (all redding) for good loads.
The other one that tickles my fancy is the Forster die series.

THe Type S is not immediatly necessary, but it will allow you to turn necks in the future and just to play with neck tension. I am excited about the compatition seater.

I have RCBS and Redding in various flavors. I much prefer the Redding dies. Which type and brand I use at any given time is decided by what I am loading. Plinker small volume or plinker large volume. As well as precision single stag or semi precision with a lot of volume.

I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I started with Lee and then went to RCBS and Forster. Now I'm looking at the Redding Type S for a new rifle cartridge. Always chasing something better can be expensive. I wish I had followed the buy once and cry once approach.

Using Redding bushing dies and L.E. Wilson custom straight and recent bushing ones- plus a good supply of RCBS dies started back in the early 60's. Using Vickerman bullet seaters for the hunting / plinking / chucking rounds.
Buy once and get the best one can afford

Still have a set or two of RCBS but mostly use Redding type S bushing dies these days. Although I recently purchased a LE Wilson full length bushing sizing die when I couldn't find a Redding and was pretty impressed.

I've been a handloader for many years and have always used the standard RCBS Full Length Dies. Lately I have been reading some of the threads posted regarding several other brands (Forster, Lee, Redding etc). I just took a look at the Midway Website and see they have Forster, Hornady, Lee, RCBS, Redding and others. They have Full Length, Neck, Match, Gold Medal Match, Type S, Bushing. The list is extensive. I want to take my HUNTING handloads to the next level and would like to start by upgading the dies. Let me know what you guys and gals have had good luck with.
I hate to say it but I've had pretty much nothing but trouble out of my RCBS dies over the last 30 years.

I've got mostly Redding dies today but also some Hornady custom dies which have been outstanding.