What .257 bullet are you shooting?

I just picked up a rem 700 with a premium barrel and it seems to shoot great with good speeds. But I think it's a pretty tight barrel.
I was 3660 FPS with factory 100 tsx. My goal is to shoot the 100 gr ttsx. I tried a starting point 72 gr of RL26 and was nipping on 3680 FPS and tried one at 73 gr and had a little primer blow by. My buddy shoots 75.5 gr in his MK5 ultra light with 100 gr ttsx and he gets 3800 FPS but I don't think I'll get there which was my goal. On a side note ! holy crap there's no 25 cal components available in Canada right now. I hunted for two days to track down and acquire 200 ttsx bullets.
I can find factory loaded 100 gr swift scirroco so I'm just going to buy 3 boxes of those and shoot them till there gone and then build a load for this gun.
Maybe by then more components will be available.

I'm shooting a 257 Blackbird with 121 hammer hunter's 7.5" twist 26" IMR 7828 giving me 3440 fps.
I've gotten the best groups with them so far. This is at 100 yards. Going to stretch it out a bit next time now I know what she likes.

Screenshot_20220621-162310_Range Buddy.jpg

I'm in the process of gathering parts for a .25SST build. I had planned on shooting the heavies, not specifically for their BC. But because I have a good bit H1000. I really like this powder in my 6.5rsaum. But with the shortage of 131 ACEs and 133 Bergen's, I'm looking for options. it has me reconsidering and thinking another 6.5???
I have an incredibly accurate, and deadly 25.06ai, in a Sendero, early model, black barrel, that shoots 92 grain Hammer Hunters, at 3748. I actually harvested TWO deer , that was not planned, with one shot, at over 300 yards. The damage even to the second 💔 was incredible.
Very easy bullet to get to shoot, fatal...very!

I have an incredibly accurate, and deadly 25.06ai, in a Sendero, early model, black barrel, that shoots 92 grain Hammer Hunters, at 3748. I actually harvested TWO deer , that was not planned, with one shot, at over 300 yards. The damage even to the second 💔 was incredible.
Very easy bullet to get to shoot,
That sounds very similar to something I'm putting parts together for. Hammer Hunters are hard to beat especially with a bunch of FPS

That sounds very similar to something I'm putting parts together for. Hammer Hunters are hard to beat especially with a bunch of FPS
They are devastating at the terminal end.
I also have some 110 HH that are also very accurate, for my 6.5cm. Haven't harvested anything with them yet, but I'm sure they'll perform. I really love my 25.06ai Sendero, but she is NO carry around. It's a pretty good treck from my truck, to my " back stand", then I can cover some ground, but when I get there, I'm wore our already. Other then that, no worries. She'll get it done.

I just picked up a rem 700 with a premium barrel and it seems to shoot great with good speeds. But I think it's a pretty tight barrel.
I was 3660 FPS with factory 100 tsx. My goal is to shoot the 100 gr ttsx. I tried a starting point 72 gr of RL26 and was nipping on 3680 FPS and tried one at 73 gr and had a little primer blow by. My buddy shoots 75.5 gr in his MK5 ultra light with 100 gr ttsx and he gets 3800 FPS but I don't think I'll get there which was my goal. On a side note ! holy crap there's no 25 cal components available in Canada right now. I hunted for two days to track down and acquire 200 ttsx bullets.
I can find factory loaded 100 gr swift scirroco so I'm just going to buy 3 boxes of those and shoot them till there gone and then build a load for this gun.
Maybe by then more components will be available.
You'll have no problem with the TTSX. Those are accurate boolits, IF you know how to shoot them. They are a little different, but once you figure them out, you're golden. I never tracked a deer shot with TTSX, or LRX.