What’s happening? 22-250??

Have you tried running a case without a bullet in your seater die to see if it is distorting the neck? Looks like case is to long for the die or die sleeve is binding.

It seems like it would take way more force to swage bullets down like that -than to seat them..
Like cam-over shoulder bumping kind of force, and further distance than that.
Defective hollow nose bullets?

I've seen that with a hornady die with the sliding bullet seater --- sometimes they get stuck and don't slide. , not sure how the redding die is made-- does it have a sliding sleeve seater?

Last edited:
Was the brass just trimmed? I've corrected bullet deformation by using a VLD chamfer.

You said you screw it down to the shell holder, I think its the sleeve doing it to the bullet ive got dies if I screw them down that far there into the brass. I would back the die off. Have you changed lots # on bullets ive seen different lots have .025 difference in ogive and if your sleeve is bottom out before the ram is all the way down thats what could be doing it.

Yes I even tried the combined technology bullets and then just the regular Nosler .. It did it to both bullets..
I tried backing the die way off and it still smashes it to oblivion..
I'm going to clean it good again and oil it a little and then try one more time before sending it back to Redding.. Maybe they have some kind of magic for this.

Are you sure your brass is getting annealed properly looks like alot of neck tension- force is being used to do what its doing. Can you back off the neck tenision- interference and try a bullet

I use the AMp annealer. Everything was ok but suddenly now this. No change in neck tension from before.

just finished cleaning and reassembled. Well see