They will not stop with bump stocks

Don't shoot AR's anymore so I don't know much about bump stocks except what I read. Is it really worth a fight to keep them? Also don't see how it will stop with an AR ban....I mean a Ruger 10/22 or any other semi-auto would seem to be the next logical step on the "assault" weapon ban.

Or a PRS bolt gun with a scary 10 rd, detachable box mag.

With the current board of members in the NRA, I don't have much faith in them fighting the left's future attempts any "harder" than they already have been the last 40 years...Which is not nearly hard enough. They need to be hardnosed and tell the left to f-off whenever they start bringing up ANYTHING to do with restrictions or gun control, and start threatening to sue the left again when they start their crap. But instead they dick-around and appease, compromise, each can call it a win and pretend they did something good, and we the people still get screwed a little more each time.

You have said this (many many times). Problem is you have no real voice, because you do not belong to the organization that you love to give an opinion on. So why wast your breath? Life is to short to spout from a stump about something that you have no skin in or power to change, merely because you refuse to participate. Where's the logic in that? I mean a person can say what they want, but it is really just long winded noise.

A more reasonable person might at least thank those who donate to, participate in, and work hard for an organization, that whole heartily tries to make positive change and protect the second amendment that you seem to hold dear. All at no cost (monetarily or effort wise) to you.

You have said this (many many times). Problem is you have no real voice, because you do not belong to the organization that you love to give an opinion on. So why wast your breath? Life is to short to spout from a stump about something that you have no skin in or power to change, merely because you refuse to participate. Where's the logic in that? I mean a person can say what they want, but it is really just long winded noise.

A more reasonable person might at least thank those who donate to, participate in, and work hard for an organization, that whole heartily tries to make positive change and protect the second amendment that you seem to hold dear. All at no cost (monetarily or effort wise) to you.
Don't lecture me on ethics as if you're on a high-horse because you're an NRA member and I'm not, because I don't like the way they play politics the last few decades. I used to be many many years ago, but the more I realized they weren't doing a good enough job at fighting, I stopped paying. I know right from wrong, and what they've done with this bump-stock reclassification promoting should be considered wrong by every 2nd Amendment loving American. Personal opinion.

Now I'm done talking about my personal opinion on the NRA...Maybe we can get back to discussing the ban itself, instead of the people who are perpetrating it.

Don't shoot AR's anymore so I don't know much about bump stocks except what I read. Is it really worth a fight to keep them? Also don't see how it will stop with an AR ban....I mean a Ruger 10/22 or any other semi-auto would seem to be the next logical step on the "assault" weapon ban.

That is my initial point, they are not going to stop with bump stocks. The folks that are financing the gun control effort have stated that they want complete CIVILIAN disarmament. If they get can ban the bump stocks they will target the semi-autos next. Then they will drum up hysteria about the longer range cartridges such as the 50 BMG, the 338 LM or AM, and the Cheytac cartridges.

Their effort has to be stopped now. The only way I see that happening is to ensure that their party, with its adopted anti-gun platform, does NOT take the Congress in November. The way we do that is to get as many of us out their and vote for the party/candidates that will protect our 2nd Amendment rights. The media is not going to aid in our efforts or our cause so it is up to us to get as many of the 81 million gun owners out to vote as possible. I think that if we inform other shooters (even those without semi-autos) that our adversary is not going to stop at bump stocks and ARs and will eventually be coming for their shotguns and bolt guns that should be a good start. Showing them the video that Mudrunner posted of Feinstein saying "Mr. and Mrs America turn them ALL in" should do the trick.

So....? Care to expand on that.

At the end of the day we have to ensure that we are still electing and supporting the politicians who will be pro 2A. The NRA is our unified voice for that, but ultimately it's us who decide who get elected.

Additionally, when it comes time for a law to be written and passed the NRA can only assist in writing the law or interpreting it to make sure it's in the best interest of the people, and they can only put pressure through funding on the officials to ensure they uphold their promise to be pro 2A.

What he's saying is the NRA is only so powerful that the people we elect ultimately pass the laws.

At the end of the day we have to ensure that we are still electing and supporting the politicians who will be pro 2A. The NRA is our unified voice for that, but ultimately it's us who decide who get elected.

Additionally, when it comes time for a law to be written and passed the NRA can only assist in writing the law or interpreting it to make sure it's in the best interest of the people, and they can only put pressure through funding on the officials to ensure they uphold their promise to be pro 2A.

What he's saying is the NRA is only so powerful that the people we elect ultimately pass the laws.

Exactly

"The NRA is our unified voice for that, but ultimately it's us who decide who get elected."

Let's do our best to make sure that we get as many of us as possible out to vote in November.

Yes. Some here are giving the NRA too much credit. The NRA does nothing more than take our individual voices and unify them into one powerful voice. The NRA can not be blamed for the passage of legislation any more than they can be blamed for the Florida shooting.

Steve

Well to me whether we all agree about the importance or effectiveness of NRA is of a lesser issue than the fact that main stream media and anti-gun legislators have made them their main target....got to be a reason for that. They consider NRA as a major threat to their agenda. Therefore, it is important for us to not let minor stuff keep us from the main issue which is supporting NRA where and when we can. Where am I wrong here?

I believe it is a good time to collectively not support the companies that are jumping on the bandwagon of demonizing the NRA. Hopefully the NRA will keep a score card so thet we can know who not to support with our business. Unfortunately I will be needing to get a new antivirus company. Norton will no longer enjoy my business. Nor will I fly Delta again.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.