More bad news on the "bump stock" ban attempt

I don't necessarily disagree, I made that comment on response to the comment that the shooter's parents should be thrown in prison.

Oh yeah I know. We are all the same team here. I don't like arguing with forum members since we all bring something to the table.

Or better yet just hold the kid accountable, make him an example, and execute him.
The Bible does say "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."

And if you look at Hammurabi's Code, it says "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth."

I think if we brought back firing squads and public hangings, a lot of these assholes would stop and think twice before committing a crime...Especially the politicians committing treason at a record pace under Ohomo's presidency...And still doing it to undermine President Trump.

Just heard Trump sent a memo to ban bumpstocks... Don't know if it's true, but that's just what I heard.

I'm not a fan of bump stocks. I prefer quality over quantity, and the idea of burning up a barrel in about 5 mins makes my skin crawl. The NRA even supported the banning of bump stocks.

But with all that being said...it makes me nervous the government is going to confiscate them and make them illegal.

Even though slippery slope is technically a logical fallacy we all know too well that it's what happens once people release they can start chipping away at liberties.

Me neither, don't even have a desire to own one. It's just the principle of the fact. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE! We need people control, not gun control, not rights restricted. The FBI f***ed this one up while looking for fake collusion with Russia, when the should have been following up on the lead they had about this kid in Florida. This is 100% the FBI's fault.

But his words were "ban any devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns..." Well, funny thing is, ATF has proven that because bump stocks do not change the mechanics of a semiautomatic rifle, they are NOT turning it into a machinegun. So maybe he's just saying that to shut the liberals up on gun control...???

As for the NRA, I haven't supported them in many years. They've just sellouts selling our rights down the river at ever turn (NFA, GCA, FOPA, Hughes, Brady Bill, etc...) and claiming to support our rights by giving them money. Screw the NRA. They started this whole **** mess my opening their **** mouths!

"Even though slippery slope is technically a logical fallacy we all know too well that it's what happens once people release they can start chipping away at liberties."

That is my fear as well. And we know all too well that they will not stop with just bump stocks.

"Even though slippery slope is technically a logical fallacy we all know too well that it's what happens once people release they can start chipping away at liberties."

That is my fear as well. And we know all too well that they will not stop with just bump stocks.
Yep, that's what ****es me off. And he said in his campaign speeches that he believes in the 2nd Amendment. Well, if he does, he won't infringe upon it any more than the government already has!

Bump stocks have become illegal in Massachusetts. You had until a certain date A few weeks ago to turn them into your local authorities. Penalty for having one still is jailtime.

Latest word I've heard is, the ATF is going to come out with a ruling on Bump Stocks and Triggers around the 26th. This was leaked prior to the latest incident in Florida. When they talk about adding triggers to the ruling, not sure how deep they will go with that.

My biggest problem is, people making theses types of decisions have no idea what they are talking about.
They read into things, the way they want it to be. Then "parrot" other comments, repeat what they think they heard. Falls back to "if you think your going to say something stupid, why open your mouth and remove all doubt".
As mentioned above in prior post, this will be a baby step. It will solve nothing, period. If some evil wicked SOB wants to do bad, they will. Sharp sticks, hammers, screw drivers, oh let's not forget the "jaw bone of an ***". Last time I checked we still had horses and mules in this country.

Make the party accountable, not the part.

Latest word I've heard is, the ATF is going to come out with a ruling on Bump Stocks and Triggers around the 26th. This was leaked prior to the latest incident in Florida. When they talk about adding triggers to the ruling, not sure how deep they will go with that.

Quick question, is there a way I can get updates on proposed ATF regulations sent to me as an e-mail update? I know the opportunity for comment has passed, but for future reference it would be nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.