More bad news on the "bump stock" ban attempt

jbs2014

All

I just read this

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...phy-hints-republicans-ready-cave-gun-control/

Here is the most disturbing part:

"Nine Senate Republicans signed a letter calling for a hearing on bump stocks after the Las Vegas attack. The nine signatories were Sens. Dean Heller (R-NV), Joni Ernst (R-IA), Johnny Isakson (R-GA), James Lankford (R-OK), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Tim Scott (R-SC), John Thune (R-SD), James Inhofe (R-OK), and John Cornyn (R-TX).

Of these, Cornyn emerged after the November 5 Texas church attack with an eye to gun legislation. The Washington Times reported Cornyn was one of a small number of Republicans who believe "there is room for a limited gun control debate."

Will the GOP sell us out?

Being I'm in Texas I can't believe Cornyn is so weak! My daughter lives in the area the church shooting accrued and I can tell you none of those in her area are that weak!

He needs to go!

morning, hornet nest coming. who needs a bump stock??? I have 2
AR's no bump stock. IF I would need such a stock, I would buy a shotgun
instead for home defense!! Please advise what good is a bump stock???
GBOT TUM

Wait, aren't these the same people who said the 2nd doesn't apply to ARs and AKs, but the weapons they used during that time. Those would be muzzle loaders wouldn't they?

morning, hornet nest coming. who needs a bump stock??? I have 2
AR's no bump stock. IF I would need such a stock, I would buy a shotgun
instead for home defense!! Please advise what good is a bump stock???
GBOT TUM

Freedom is not necessarily about demonstrable need. If you ask a question like that you better be prepared to prove that you need to be a Baptist, or you need the to be able to say you think the Iran deal was a bad thing for the US. And on and on and on.

And also let's be clear the second amendment is not only about personal defense. Nor home defense. It's about defending your community from anything up to and including a foreign army.

morning, all of the inserts by members to me r correct. the Vegas
shootings was highly thought out and planned. vegas police still have not
released all of the facts about people involved in this mass extermination.
r bump stocks bad, the NRA does think so but is pushing back against the
gov. of bureacrats . I never heard of these stocks until the vegas shootings.
shooting ranges will not allow these alterations to weapons used on there property.
I for one would ban these stocks for sale in this country. investigators at sandy
hook said the killer used an AR to kill these children. the TV footage clearly shows
the AR was left in the trunk of the vehicle. fake news.

does anybody know what weapons were used in the vegas shootings. only
what the new media spewed on TV. I live in TX. Coryn is gathering votes
for the next election. elected officials r to me the crooks of the political
realm. if a solid American can not see what our gov is worth. stick ur head
deeper in the sand. GBOT TUM

If you think bump stocks should be banned, you need to hand over your AR's. You can produce the exact same effect as the bump stock by just holding it with some tension on the forearm.

It takes practice, all of 30 minutes to an hour. Not exactly a high matter level skill. You can also fire faster and more accurately by just cycling the trigger. That takes considerably more practice but can be done.

morning, I said this is me!! I do not shoot for speed, I shoot for development
of handloads, to kill varmints, and to kill meat to eat. this does not require
a bump stock or very fast wasting on my handloads. u Kyron have ur
shooting practices. no I will not hand over my AR's to the gov. the gov.
has already tried to confiscate my-our AR's, after sandy ridge. and a few other
American tragedies. why add oak and mesquite to a good cooking fire when waste wood
like hackberry will do the same. GBOT TUM

Don't get me wrong. I'm not into bump stocks. He'll I don't even own an AR. I traded mine in to finance a precision bolt gun.

I'm just saying I think banning any part of any gun is not good, and any reason for banning any part of any gun fails logic unless it is extended to simply banning them all.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.