More bad news on the "bump stock" ban attempt

In the reports about the Vegas shooting, there was a lot of discussion of how many weapons were found in the motel room. There was no mention of how many weapons were actually used, nor what weapon/weapons were used. According to one of the early accounts, he had a SAW (full auto). If this is true, does this not make the bump stock a moot point?

We were told that about 500 people were injured. We were not told how many of these injuries were due to gunshot wounds and how many were simply people who were trampled by others trying to escape. Definitely not trying to make light of any injuries, but those trampled by others trying to escape can partly blame the lack of proper signage for the exits and apparently not enough exits. That venue would not have passed fire code here.

Liberals will always blame the instrument rather than the person. After the truck attacks in France, one liberal politician suggested that daytime traffic and all the delivery trucks were to blame and that all deliveries should be made at night, close the streets to traffic during the day when all the people are out shopping/working.

If bump stocks are banned, there are many other ways to accomplish the same rate of fire. Also, there are many ways to kill/maim/injure a large number of people in a short period of time that are much more efficient/effective than gunfire.

One of the most horrific videos I have ever seen was that of a gang in Japan attacking passengers in a train station with baseball bats and golf clubs. People were beaten until they were incapacitated then robbed. A large number of people were killed and injured in the attack.

I don't own a bump stock, but I don't want to see them banned either. Under the language of one proposed bill, anything that will increase the rate of fire of a weapon would be banned. That list could include after market triggers, muzzle breaks, anything that allows you to control the rifle and shoot it faster. By the way, this would not only pertain to AR's. Any semi-auto would be affected. I have a Remington 7400 semi-auto. that would be affected by this. BAR's would be affected. The list goes on.

If you have noticed, there has been no follow-up on this story. We have no new details. If he had a full auto weapon and it was purchased legally, then BATF would have a record. It is amazing to me that there has been no new information and that many of the survivors have died unexpectedly since then. And what of the video footage showing what appears to be gunfire from a another floor of the motel?

Just food for thought.

I don't wear a tin foil hat nor do I own one...but there is way too much wrong with this, it would take all night to type it out.

But these are a couple high points...

Have you guys seen the photos from inside the room?

Suicide? No way...he was carried to the spot where the photos were taken. I'm sure some of you guys have seen head shot animals...way more blood than in the photo.

Standing suicide victims are not laid out all nice and neat like he was lying.

No one uses a hammer less hand gun either. When you have simpler hand guns to use...

Like said...this has fallen off the radar for a reason...more questions than answers.

Last edited:
Call and bug your congressman/woman all day long telling them you want them to vote NO!!! for the new ATF reguation that will ban bumpstocks. I don't even own a bumpstock, no desire to, either, but at the same time, this is VERY VERY VERY slippery slope that can eventually lead to gun confiscation and backdoor gun bans by the Dems.

When it comes to our Constitutional 2nd Amendment rights, NOT ONE INCH!!!

This link will send you to a place to make comments directly to Congress and the BATFE on this matter at-hand. Please send them your $0.02 on this, but remember to please be courteous and polite (no cursing or anything unprofessional) in your comment, or else they will just trash your comment and your comment means nothing and had no effect.

https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=ATF-2018-0001-0001

That's for Washington state... Doesn't really affect the rest of us. I don't think that bill will pass the President's desk. Trump has stated many times his agreement with the affirmation granted to us in the 2nd Amendment, so I don't see him signing ANY anti-gun or Dem-sponsored gun bills. At least, I hope he doesn't. Even if they passed all branches, he still has to sign it for it to become law...He can always VETO it, right up until the very moment he is supposed to sign something. ;)

I do wish he would pass the SHUSH Act, even if it is through E.O. Because once that genie is out of the bottle for the next 7 years of unregistered suppressors and suppressor sales, even passed legislation by the Dems down the road would never be able to regulate them ever again. Therefore, they would have no choice but to just leave suppressors completely deregulated.

So...after today, who's ready to turn in their AR15s??

It's coming. We are definitely going to end up like California. My brother called me today nervous about it. We both agreed it's envitable.

Instead of parents, peers, local officials, leader, police, doing their f@&king jobs they attack the gun, the distributor, the ammo manufacturer, and the rifle manufacturer. When will people start being held accountable?

This kids probably going to give a parents don't love me and people pick on me speech to the judge, he's going to claim insanity, and then he's going to get 10 years in prison. Meanwhile the news talks about him and makes him infamous. Thus him accomplishing exactly what he wanted.

His teachers, principle, and superintendent need to be fired and his parents need to go to prison as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn in a gun??? You're joking right? I ain't turning in nothing! My guns ain't never hurt nobody, and I have no intent to ever hurt anybody...But if someone tries to come and take them...Well...You know the Charlton Heston quote..."From my cold dead hands!" And that's not a threat, that's a promise. I have the right to own guns both God-given, and Constitutionally. And no jackass politician is going to convince me otherwise.

Hopefully we can drain the swamp sooner than later, and we can stop these horrible events from happening. If the parents weren't so inept or gave more of a crap about the kid, maybe he wouldn't have gone off the deep-end, and maybe they could have stopped it before this happened. I wouldn't be surprised that if on the down-low some undercover untraceable DNC paid-off FBI or CIA field agent sold or gave that kid the gun because he knew he was borderline doing something bad with it. Years ago, they would call this idea "crazy" or "conspiracy theory"...But given how well-known and exposed and deep the corruption that's running in our government and agencies are, doesn't sound so crazy, anymore...

I don't know who's really to blame (obviously the kid who did it), but not sure if the school, parents, shrinks, or whoever might also have played a big hand in it by not paying attention and putting the pieces together before this happened... But I do know that people need to stop and think, and that there's now over 200 million guns in private hands in America... Guns aren't going anywhere! Guns are inanimate objects and can only be used for as much good or as much evil, as that which fills the heart and mind of the possessor. So stop blaming guns on the evil deeds of man!

10uvrk.jpg

Last edited:
Well jimmy kimmel just did another emotional speech. I honestly believe it's only a matter of time before some emotional, sweeping law takes place and our backs are against the wall.

I hate the media so much. They are a cancer to our society.

Also kimmel is a crying, *******. All those late night show hosts are.

So...after today, who's ready to turn in their AR15s??

It's coming. We are definitely going to end up like California. My brother called me today nervous about it. We both agreed it's envitable. O

Instead of parents, peers, local officials, leader, police, doing their f@&king jobs they attack the gun, the distributor, the ammo manufacturer, and the rifle manufacturer. When will people start being held accountable?

This kids probably going to give a parents don't love me and people pick on me speech to the judge, he's going to claim insanity, and then he's going to get 10 years in prison. Meanwhile the news talks about him and makes him infamous. Thus him accomplishing exactly what he wanted.

His teachers, principle, and superintendent need to be fired and his parents need to go to prison as well.

From what I've read it seems that the shooter was adopted and that his adopted parents have both passed away. So really besides the shooter, no left in his family to hold accountable.

Execution...with that many deaths planned and executed...yes execution and soon...no waiting period...and take a boatload of others awaiting it with him...it's friggin ridiculous...
But lets not stop there...the responsible party of the FBI needs to be locked up for an extremely long time or added to...failing those kids was nothing less than being a perpetrator of the entire crime...well over 20 calls of warning...and yet they not only killed those kids and adults but failed to even contact the murderer...
But they aren't the only ones should fry....what about the representatives that expect us to protect the friggin illegals of all nationalities and all the monies they waste there that could be used to help the people with the mental health problems.....this is a war ladies and gentlemen.......our government has already declared war...ON THE WORKING CLASS UNITED STATES CITIZENS....we are in serious troubles.....
and no matter what anyone says..there are no native Americans..they crossed on a land bridge.....hell..I am a seventh generation Californian..my forefathers came across with Cortez an raped, murdered and pillaged from central America up...the Spanish created Mexicans....my grandfather owned a million acres of land in California before the Spanish-American war...and after the US confiscated it and burned his papers given him by the Spanish authorities....my relatives settled most every city in california from the south to north of SF.......
The other side of my family came across on the mayflower...
Having a little bit more knowledge of forebearers...some of my relatives might have been Knights Templars......because some were buried in NE a long long time ago.....
Thank you servicemen and women for protecting us from foreign enemies.....

Last edited:
Well jimmy kimmel just did another emotional speech. I honestly believe it's only a matter of time before some emotional, sweeping law takes place and our backs are against the wall.

I hate the media so much. They are a cancer to our society.

Also kimmel is a crying, *******. All those late night show hosts are.
Jimmy Kimmel can go "vacuum a richard"... For someone who used to host a cable series called "The Man Show", he sure seems to have lost his pair...

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.