The start of a lightweight build.

If you want smooooth and light, look at a Kelbly Nanook or Bat Vampire. Much smoother than a AnTi.

I have two AnTi X, and three Kelbly Nanooks. The Nanook are much smoother. The AnTi X chatter more when feeding. All are Nitrided.
I also have two Defiance Deviants and two Kelbly Atlas Tac. Again, the Kelblys are smoother. But not as much of a difference.

I don't own a Bat, but I have shot them.
Not real knowledgeable about Kelby or BAT. Something I am looking for, and I know Impact does, and I THINK AnTi does is me being able to change barrels in my basement whenever my little heart desires.

Not doubting, but do you have a link? My google isn't showing it.

Not in stock but there it is. I have also heard the Nanook is smoother but I don't have any experience

How do Kelbly handle dirt? I know how well Impacts work, no idea how Defiance, Kelbly, and the others do when it gets dirty.

I went a similar direction wanting light weight but not an overall ultra-light rig. My thoughts were to make the rifle come in in the low six's to compensate for the add-ons. Then a suppressor and medium weight scope has the entire rig just under 9 pounds loaded. The build specs are an An-Ti in LA, 20 inch CF barrel, AG stock, NX8, TB Ultra 7 and bi-pod.

There's considerable weight to be saved on scope if desired but I'm willing to take that penalty for performance. I could also save a few ounces by going with a Talley style ring / base but again, I love the durability of the Hawkins or Seekins in a pic rail. Same with the can out front, I could shave some weight there and may consider that as well as the bi-pod on my muley hunt this fall.

I'm running 180 Hybrids in a 7 SUAM at 2800 getting an Inch at 300 yards. I'll be taking it to 600 very soon.

20220820_081759.jpg

Last edited:
Kelbly prefit barrels are available of that is your preference.

They handle dirt just fine.

Just an option and opinion from a guy who owns multiples of both. Try and get your hands on one of each before you buy. I would bet it changes your mind.

Kelbly prefit barrels are available of that is your preference.

They handle dirt just fine.

Just an option and opinion from a guy who owns multiples of both. Try and get your hands on one of each before you buy. I would bet it changes your mind.
I'll try and reach out. Dunno how much luck I'll have finding anyone local with either of those. The shooters I know are the PRS crowd.

Just wrapping up my "lighter weight" hunting build in 280AI. Went with Terminus Kratos Lite at 27oz. Wanted an impact but didn't want the extra weight.