The start of a lightweight build.

Mercracing

Looking for advice from the masses here. I am starting a new build off a Manners LA LRH. I am going between an Impact 787 and Defiance AnTi. I currently don't have any hunts planned, and don't NEED a certain sized caliber. Currently I mostly hunt Wi sized deer. I already have calibers suited for anything walking on the planet. I'm not an avid reloader, but am willing to reload for a hunting caliber that doesn't need 150 rounds a month. I went with the LRH because it's what I wanted, not because it was the lightest.
My current thoughts.
If needed, the Impact has more prefit options, however it's unlikely I would need a new barrel that quickly.
The Impact has 308, mag, and Lapua bolt faces available, so I could just go with a carbon barrel 308 for now.
The AnTi is about a pound lighter then the Impact.
I currently have two Impact SA, and I love them, im tempted to just deal with the extra pound of weight and run an action I know is amazing.

Any other thoughts?

Just Finished a 6.5 CM off of an Anti X & Manners LRH. Outstanding gun. Isn't the Anti guaranteed headspace like the Ruckus? I'm pretty sure you can get prefit barrels.
Yes, you CAN get prefits for both. A little looking shows a couple more for the Impact. Some more looking after my original post showed not as many prefits for the 787 as I originally thought, so that might be a wash between them.

I think the weight savings is worth it for the anTI. My anTI for my 30 Nosler gets here Monday so I obviously have a bias towards the Defiance.

I'm a huge fan of the anti for what it is... but from reading your op you have more attachment to the impact than the concept of absolute weight savings. So let's define your weight goals, how light are we talking bearing in mind stock is already a given and so is barrel contour more than likely.

I'm a huge fan of the anti for what it is... but from reading your op you have more attachment to the impact than the concept of absolute weight savings. So let's define your weight goals, how light are we talking bearing in mind stock is already a given and so is barrel contour more than likely.
Lighter then my AXMC. Lol. I guess I don't really have a specific weight in mind. My farthest walk deer hunting is probably less then 1,000 yards. So even my AI isn't too taxing. I went with the LRH because I like it, not because it's lightest like I said. That being said I would likely get shorter carbon barrels to #1 save a little weight and #2 my farthest hunting shots are within 300 yards. Scope is undecided, but weight will try to be saved there so my Vortex's are likely out.

"light" can mean anything from a 5lb bare rifle to an 8lb.

What kind of optic are you looking at to go with it? How much are you going to carry it?

Its not easy to cut a full pound. Really only three places; action, stock, barrel

What kind of optic are you looking at to go with it? How much are you going to carry it?

Its not easy to cut a full pound. Really only three places; action, stock, barrel
Yes and while it's quite easy to make an 8 lb rifle a five pounder take some work. You can just about get an 8 pounder there with a carbon stock like you have and just a shorter barrel.

I'm fairly open. I haven't looked into top tier scopes as far as weight. I've heard guys use TT 3-15, so I might look into that. Currently carrying it is less then 1,000yds at a time.

If it were me and I wasn't real hardcore on chasing lightweight. I'd way up all the components for both actions, then decide if action familiarity>15oz or not....

If you want smooooth and light, look at a Kelbly Nanook or Bat Vampire. Much smoother than a AnTi.

I have two AnTi X, and three Kelbly Nanooks. The Nanook are much smoother. The AnTi X chatter more when feeding. All are Nitrided.
I also have two Defiance Deviants and two Kelbly Atlas Tac. Again, the Kelblys are smoother. But not as much of a difference.

I don't own a Bat, but I have shot them.