Ziess V6/lightweight build

I was unaware that Proof makes a .30 cal Sendero Light with a 1:9 twist. Is yours a carbon barrel.

Yes it is carbon. Pictures attached have the photo of barrel. It doesn't show on their (Proof) website which worries me, I will have to check out when I get back home. The dealer I got it from had it listed as an option and shows that on my invoice. Will confirm soon.

I have the v6 5-30 , only dislike is it doesn't have turret locks like the older ones did. Fell on the ice coyote hunting, hit the scope like a hammer. It was good but I find that the turrets turn easy. Hunt on horses and concerned about in the scabbard.

I have the v6 5-30 , only dislike is it doesn't have turret locks like the older ones did. Fell on the ice coyote hunting, hit the scope like a hammer. It was good but I find that the turrets turn easy. Hunt on horses and concerned about in the scabbard.

I use scope coats on all my scope and I don't have scabbard issues turning the dials. Might be worth checking out for you.

Yes it is carbon. Pictures attached have the photo of barrel. It doesn't show on their (Proof) website which worries me, I will have to check out when I get back home. The dealer I got it from had it listed as an option and shows that on my invoice. Will confirm soon.

I am helping a buddy build a 300 PRC with a prefit. Apparently they offer a chambering for it but it's not on the site. I think they just try and limit options on the site to the most popular application. I am going to be ordering a couple barrels soon so that is the plan anyway.

I have some leupolds and zeiss optics. I usually choose leupold because of the longer eye relief. Not a fan of anything under 3.75". In a short action non mag, it's fine. Bigger cartridges warrant 4" IMO. This eliminates many brands for me.

I am helping a buddy build a 300 PRC with a prefit. Apparently they offer a chambering for it but it's not on the site. I think they just try and limit options on the site to the most popular application. I am going to be ordering a couple barrels soon so that is the plan anyway.

I assume they custom ordered barrels based on what customers were wanting. Fits fine in my stock inletted for proof lite and indicates 1:9 but I'm going to call proof still to verify with the serial number.

I assume they custom ordered barrels based on what customers were wanting. Fits fine in my stock inletted for proof lite and indicates 1:9 but I'm going to call proof still to verify with the serial number.

So the barrel is a Sendero Lite 1:9 I called to verify with proof research via serial number on barrel and their website isn't updated with every barrel as they told me it should be updated soon.

I have a proof barreled, McMillan stocked Sako in 6.5 CM. I started with a SHV 3-10, switched it out with a V4 in 4-16 because I wanted more power, wasn't crazy about the glass and feel of it so finally put a 3-15 VX5HD on it. I love the Leupold. Great glass and weight, turrets are good for what I need. VX6 would've been fine too but saved a few ounces and $$$ by going with the VX5. My understanding is the glass is the same and I didn't really need any of the extra features on the VX6.

OK... I'm finally convinced to try something other than my latest NF scopes. I will buy my first new Leupold in several years.

Does anyone have a great price on a VX-6HD 4-24x 52mm TMOA they'd like to share with me?

The only discounted one I found was a blem at Midway but I'm not very good at rooting out good prices.... <sigh>
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...ocus-illuminated-tmoa-reticle-matte-blemished

$bob$

Take a look at March. Great glass, simple but useful reticles. Avail F1 or F2. Huge mag range (2.5 - 25X), illuminated and around 24 oz if memory serves correctly. I find their turrets (feel, accuracy, return to zero) to be excellent. Relatively short package as well. Only cons that I find is the parallex is rather sensitive, and these are not budget friendly scopes. Quality is at least as good as my NXS, which is my only direct comparison.

Ended up getting a V6 for my new build but went with a March 2.5-25x52 on my 28 nosler to knock off weight compared to my ATACR. Will have the V6 tomorrow and hopefully will have the March in the next couple of weeks. Will give report on both scopes once I put some rounds down range.

Well it's been a while since my last post but the rifle is completed. Weights 7.5lbs with optics via bathroom scale, so we'll say sub 8lbs. Lone peak razor Ti, proof sendero lite 1:9 twist 300 win mag, Rhian Mantha reamer, McMillan hunter edge fill, Hawkins hybrid rings, Hawkins bdl, Hawkins titanium muzzle brake and trigger tech special. Wyatt's mag box and bat action screws, ended up with a Ziess v6 3-18x50. I'm ready to shoot it!

Attachments

• A34500E2-D34D-46EC-A55C-2A38AE779742.jpeg
    A34500E2-D34D-46EC-A55C-2A38AE779742.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.