Ziess V6/lightweight build

The leuy has some nice features. I am digging the low profile turrets.

F0E77B98-CC53-460B-9836-1448684DF6DA.jpeg F963C716-D02B-4321-B07D-91D625A73972.jpeg

Thanks for all the input y'all! I'll have to do some research on the vx6hd. I strayed away from leupold a while back due to QC/tracking issues, not something I want to deal with. Have they taken care of these problems? Warranty is a big plus but I'd rather have the quality and not deal with sending the scope in. I really like the march scopes and looked at them hard for my 28 nosler build. Any considerable difference in length or adjustment on the V6 and vx6hd?

Awesome gun! I'm currently running a shv 5-20 exposed turret on my 6.5-284 and love the scope. Probably my favorite scope for the money. The build will be similar to yours but a long action magnum and McMillan edge fill. Do you have any hands on experience with the v4 or V6? In comparison to the shv?
Check out ALTUS Rifles, previously called CORE SOLUTIONS. I bought this from them. I would suggest my barreld action and Trigger, put in the lighter Carbon stock. Mine is a Manners EH-1 but has the KMW adj cheek piece (adds weight). The rifle was just built, I went for it even though it was a bit heavier with the KM W. I didnt have to wait 8-11 months.

Lone Peak Titanium action, Proof Research 20" 6.5 Creedmoor, waiting on my suppressor.

I use Swarovski and the Nightforce SHV because of weight (light) This being said, I LOVE the new Zeiss V4 and V6. You cant go wrong !!!!!

me

No but really I would buy a Zeiss in a heart beat. I think they messed up with their inexpensive Terra line. The V4 and V6 are firast class. I went to Cabelas and looked through the new Bushnell Forge (meh), Nikon F1000 (double meh)
The Leupold LPi 8.5-25 (meh) Then the V4 much better, then the SHV, boom Way better, not quite with the Swarovski but REALLY close.

I'm a scope snob i guess, I have spoiled myself. I tried to go backwards with my current build in progress, just couldnt do it.

Secret......Bullet Central is having Nightforce Mania, lets just say I bought 2 of the SHV 5-20 exposed turrets, in fact SO cheap I called Nightforce with the serial numbers just to make sure these had the exposed turrets. Thought they may have been the Pre 2017 with capped turrets. They may have 1 SHV left. There are some killer deals on the NXS 5.5-22 but just too heavy for my needs.

keep me posted Jordan !!!!!
Buzz

No but really I would buy a Zeiss in a heart beat. I think they messed up with their inexpensive Terra line. The V4 and V6 are firast class. I went to Cabelas and looked through the new Bushnell Forge (meh), Nikon F1000 (double meh)
The Leupold LPi 8.5-25 (meh) Then the V4 much better, then the SHV, boom Way better, not quite with the Swarovski but REALLY close.

I'm a scope snob i guess, I have spoiled myself. I tried to go backwards with my current build in progress, just couldnt do it.

Secret......Bullet Central is having Nightforce Mania, lets just say I bought 2 of the SHV 5-20 exposed turrets, in fact SO cheap I called Nightforce with the serial numbers just to make sure these had the exposed turrets. Thought they may have been the Pre 2017 with capped turrets. They may have 1 SHV left. There are some killer deals on the NXS 5.5-22 but just too heavy for my needs.

keep me posted Jordan !!!!!
Buzz

Awesome thanks for the insider info! It really looks like it'll be coming down to the Ziess V6 and Vx6hd both 3-18x50. I will be ordering in the next upcoming week. I may end up selling my atacr 5-25 for something lighter on my 28 nosler but it's hard for me that scope is awesome just a tad heavy.

Im picking up my 28N tomorrow (Hells Canyon LR) and was in a similar situation. I am going to go with the VX6HD in 3x18x50. It really seems to be the best all around lightweight scope. I checked out a vx5HD at Brownells last week and was really impressed so I'm hoping for good things out of the VX6HD.

I like the Swarovski Z5. I have one one my ultra lite 7mm SAUM. The whole thing scoped is just over 5lbs.
It's only a 1" tube, but great glass. That leupold vx6 is also amazing and about as light as you can go in a 30mm tube. The one I have is a 2-12 with the BC Fire dot retical and love it.

I too looked a the Zeiss V6 looks like a stellar scope lots of travel as well.
You gents shooting the Leup how much travel are you getting and I'm just wondering other than the anti cant on the HD model is it that much better than the VX6 or Vx5 as they have both models n sale right now for half the price of the HD or the Zeiss.

I will be going with the Ziess V6 as I'm partial to Ziess over leupold and I got a great deal on a new one I couldn't pass up. Stock arrived as well and all other parts will be coming soon! Will update as build comes along.

Attachments

• 72B13ADC-19B2-4A52-90CB-EF2622E1E0AA.jpeg
    72B13ADC-19B2-4A52-90CB-EF2622E1E0AA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 258
Well everything is coming together! Thanks to redhawk rifles who has done a great job getting me the parts I've needed. I'm just waiting on the lone peak Razor Ti action now. I ended up changing my mind and going with a 300 win mag with a 1:9 twist proof research lite. Plan to shoot the heavier 200 class bullets. As I already have the 28 nosler, 7 rem mag and a 6.5-284 so wanted to add a nice 30 cal to the collection. The scope will be in Hawkins long range one piece rings/bases with bubble level.

Attachments

• 22C7DC0A-A798-4ED6-9C62-4AFABE2C4763.jpeg
    22C7DC0A-A798-4ED6-9C62-4AFABE2C4763.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 272
  • 0BCCE5D5-C83A-4F24-B402-C0E68465A581.jpeg
    0BCCE5D5-C83A-4F24-B402-C0E68465A581.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 265
  • 564FC464-6D71-4DCD-8F9E-67BB16D13F4B.jpeg
    564FC464-6D71-4DCD-8F9E-67BB16D13F4B.jpeg
    1,015 KB · Views: 250
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.