Lightweight rifle build

Order one of these. You'll spend more building.

Order one of these. You'll spend more building.

I was thinking about an element. Thx

I haven't weighed this one empty but it's 8 even with a 30 ounce NF and an 8 ounce EC tuner brake.

Def anti.
Muller CF barrel at 21 inches in 7 saum.
APR proprietary AG stock.
APR BDL style bottom metal.

I took a NM muley at 649 yards this past November and have shot 4 inch groups at 850.

View attachment 416966
I LOVE that stock Craig! Who did that for you!?

Things I'd recommend you consider if the rifle is for a youth. Ear Protection !!

1) stock fitment, natural, comfortable. Maybe adjustable for comb height & length of pull.
2) weight: don't go too lightweight
3) optic fitment
4) lighter bullet weight in the 6.5 PRC, or opt for lighter recoil ie: 6 or 6.5 creed or the likes.
5) Recoil & Concussive blast reduction, suppressor works best for this. Get a good 30 cal. model suppressor. & one with max db reduction.
I don't recommend brakes for their concussive blast to the shooter, even with ear pro.
6) teach good shooting form, habits, dry fire drills.
& trigger control.
7) lots of positional practice.
8) hunter's safety course.
Make it comfortable & enjoyable.

** side note: be cautious if you are both going to be shooting the same cartridge. Easy to make a mistake & grab the wrong box.
Be Safe !!
I agree with what you are saying if this is a youth rifle. I don't see where he says how old his son is.

Check out Mesa Precision Altitude stocks. I have 2. Great stocks and come in about 22oz.

I run a 308 on a Bighorn Origin Action with a 22" Bartlien CF Sendero lite, Mesa Precision Altitude stock, Hawkins BDL BM, TT special and Leupold mk4 3.5-10 and it comes in right at 8lbs with optic and bipod.

Could've saved some more weight running a different action but I like the features of the Origin.

Alamo Precision Rifles
"Guns ready to ship"
APR Maverick 6.5 PRC
$2,995
Done!
🎅
Except the lightweight part

Maverick
D8CB4858-AB92-47B0-AA2B-7C9EB207E3B7.png

Altitude

0D847A10-4435-448E-AE73-22680F1D9F90.png
2A793455-0C49-4822-9706-C7326822B5E5.png