The Most DISSAPOINTING Bullet there ever was...

Not necessarily disappointing, but years ago had a Sako 6 ppc that would shoot Fowler 66gr match in a ragged hole - but those were like FMJ on varmints. Just punch a 6mm hole in things. To compound things, it wouldn't shoot Blitz's, VMax or others better than .750".
You had the pleasure of shooting one of the best bullets ever swaged for 6ppc. If I could go back in time and tell Jeff "just make me all you can make on this Jacket Lot #, I'll take em". There were several Hall of Fame points and big matches that were won with that bullet in a short amount of time.
Same with a particular Lot of Hottenstein and Euber also.

You had the pleasure of shooting one of the best bullets ever swaged for 6ppc. If I could go back in time and tell Jeff "just make me all you can make on this Jacket Lot #, I'll take em". There were several Hall of Fame points and big matches that were won with that bullet in a short amount of time.
Same with a particular Lot of Hottenstein and Euber also.
Makes it tempting to load a few in a 6 Dasher. I still have probably 100-150 left. Not much good for 1000yds though.

I shoot the NABLR 150 and 165 out of my .270ss. Shoots .5 MOA and killed 2 elk and a mule deer this year (450, 608, 485). I have had good luck with the NABLR. Why had you previously written them off?
I have not tried them so no first hand experience- take my input with a grain of salt- I just have read alot of posts saying they don't shoot very accurately.

So it suprises me to hear of them shooting well for you. What cartridge/ barrel maker/ twist is yours?

I used to use a 180 core-loct that shot great through my 30-06, but stopped using them when I had a cow hit at 75 yards broad side and the bullet penetrated one lung, then fragmented, with the bulk of the remainder hooking left and ending up in the same side ham. The same year I shot a buck forward in to the shoulder at 30 yards and the bullet failed to penetrate beyond it. That was it for me for core-loct.
Wierd. I can count 70 years of excellent bullet performance between myself and my dad.

However-

I'm working on a very old supply. Maybe quality control has slipped since I bought all my supply, like everything else remington.

Last edited:
I have not tried them so no first hand experience- take my input with a grain of salt- I just have read alot of posts saying they don't shoot very accurately.

So it suprises me to hear of them shooting well for you. What cartridge/ barrel maker/ twist is yours?
I shoot them out of a 270 Sherman short, 150 grain variety. The barrel is a carbon 20" at 1:8" from PBB. This rifle shoots them into .3-.5" groups.

I have also had good luck with the 190 and 210 30 caliber offerings as well. I've had these ones shoot anywhere from .75-1" but full disclosure, I'm happy with anything under 1". Others are more picky than myself.

Recent Posts