TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

Your rifle looks pretty sweet. On another note how do you like your jacket? I just got that exact one.
Oh I love that stone glacier puffy. I've had them since they came out. That's my second one. Torched the first on a stove in a tipi on a backpack hunt haha. They gave me 40% off a new one since they couldn't repair it. I love all of the clothing. They make great stuff.

This the is the recovered bullet from the shot in the video.
IMG_0640.jpeg

Curious. Anyone have photos of one of these "target" bullets that were recovered?
IMG_8734.jpeg

One of these is a 140 grain ELDM the other is is a 143 ELDX. Both factory loads.

The left is the 140 on a mule deer buck at 330 yards, the right is the 143 on a whitetail doe at 160 yards. Both shot out of the same gun, 20" barrel, average MV is about the same for both at 2590.

Meat loss isn't too bad. How was the other side?
I don't intentionally shoot anything in the shoulder. A target behind the shoulder is as good as it gets in my opinion. I had my 12 year old put it straight up the leg, hoping the wind would help push the bullet behind the shoulder, but knowing either way it was a dead elk. The wind didn't move it at all. Here is the damage. Both sides. Let's just say the damage was catastrophic.

The shadow picture is exit. The other picture is with the shoulder pulled off on entrance side.

Attachments

• IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0454.jpeg
    IMG_0454.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 63
So great job and congratulations. I think my question is not whether They'll work or not but why choose them (target bullets) over the thousand other bullets specifically designed for hunting?
The answer is easy…

1. They kill better than monos and bonded bullets (in my opinion)

2. They don't need as much speed to open

3. They inherently have higher BC so wind drift is much less than say a hammer bullet which leads to more accurate shots.

4. They are dirt cheap. I'm paying 32 cents a bullet for 180s, which leads to more practice with the actual bullet I'm shooting.

You can add some salt to the process also if you like. Sort of like brining. i do fish and alligator that way for about a week. Really takes a lot of blood and gamey taste out of the meat.
I keep the water drained when possible. I use 2 large blocks of ice on the bottom to keep the quarters above the water when it melts. Then drain daily. After a few days the ice stops melting.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 24
Tell me a little bit about this Tikka rifle if you will.

It started its life as a tikka superlite 300wm. I can't think of a worse rifle. I'd come home from the range and the next day my shoulder would be blue from the bruising.

I added a 20" CF barrel chambered in 7saum
AG composite alpine hunter (this stock is downright amazing)
Thunderbeast Dominus

It's amazing how cheap a semi custom job is on a tikka.

180 eldms
Adg brass
H1000
210 match primers

I was running it close to 2800 but backed it down to 2720. It's killed from 15 yards to 834 yards. My wife can shoot it all day at the range. It just doesn't recoil. It's a little much for my daughter to shoot at steel, but at fur she's ready to go! 😜