TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

Just wanted to make sure you saw this thread and everyone that keeps getting lucky! 😜 😃

I can "get lucky" with a 22 RF…..that doesn't make it a good big game cartridge/bullet!

Never said it couldn't be done……just that there are better and more responsible choices! But, that can be said of most any bullet, under certain circumstances! 😉 memtb

Wife's white tail buck 180 eldm factory Hornady ammo at 2825 fps at the muzzle. Shot was 110 yards and I've never seen the amount of trauma. The heart was no longer connected to anything just laying in the bottom of the chest cavity some how this deer made it 60 yards with both front shoulders broke. Buddy shot a bull at 500 that was drt but don't have pictures of that.

Antelope is one I killed this year with a 190 atip at 589 yards he made a 15 yard half circle and fell over.

Conclusion more testing is needed but super happy thus far. I don't see my self ever shooting another bonded or mono.

Attachments

• IMG_8206.jpeg
    IMG_8206.jpeg
    377.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8207.jpeg
    IMG_8207.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8205.jpeg
    IMG_8205.jpeg
    557.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7946.jpeg
    IMG_7946.jpeg
    799.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7954.jpeg
    IMG_7954.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 60
I put a finishing shot on a bull with the same rifle and bullet a couple years ago at about 10'. Bullet broke both shoulders and exited.

I'd love to know, though I suspect an impossibility, if it expanded or if acted as a FMJ. I have heard of that happening on occasion.

Also, I've seen some expand rather violently. We hunt to put meat on the table ……not to feed the coyotes and Magpies! YMMV memtb

I can "get lucky" with a 22 RF…..that doesn't make it a good big game cartridge/bullet!

Never said it couldn't be done……just that there are better and more responsible choices! But, that can be said of most any bullet, under certain circumstances! 😉 memtb
I hear you. Hell, even a low BC MONO will kill an animal if you get really close so the speeds are still high enough to get expansion….and there is no wind to blow it away!

I do wonder how, with the same placement, it would have performed @ 20 yards! memtb
That's always a good question with target bullets. This bullet only has a MV of 2725 so it's not a screamer. I don't intend to find out though! And at 20 yards I'll take a neck shot if I don't have a lung shot. I don't like shoulder shots unless I'm shooting a mono that requires bone to guarantee expansion.

I'd love to know, though I suspect an impossibility, if it expanded or if acted as a FMJ. I have heard of that happening on occasion.

Also, I've seen some expand rather violently. We hunt to put meat on the table ……not to feed the coyotes and Magpies! YMMV memtb
I've yet to see a target bullet act as a FMJ. Usually it's the opposite that is the worry, excessive expansion.