TARGET BULLETS ARE NOT HUNTING BULLETS!

I'd love to know, though I suspect an impossibility, if it expanded or if acted as a FMJ. I have heard of that happening on occasion.

Also, I've seen some expand rather violently. We hunt to put meat on the table ……not to feed the coyotes and Magpies! YMMV memtb
It expanded, destroyed everything it was intended to destroy and left a 1" exit hole.

Anybody tried these on Deer?
IMG_8515.jpeg

I hear you. Hell, even a low BC MONO will kill an animal if you get really close so the speeds are still high enough to get expansion….and there is no wind to blow it away!

Not certain which monos your experienced with. Granted, all of my shots have been close, longest was a Pronghorn at 430 yards….my 250 grain TTSX still expanded.

If tests and user experience is to be believed, I should get good expansion well beyond 900 yards…..300 yards beyond my self imposed range limit! That would be the same bullet that can full-length an elk at near point blank range …..and not come apart! I consider a bullet that is good for heavy bone/hide contact and deep penetration without coming apart at near point blank range , yet capable of full expansion to beyond 900 yards a pretty good "all around" bullet! memtb

I've yet to see a target bullet act as a FMJ. Usually it's the opposite that is the worry, excessive expansion.

I haven't seen it either…..merely read of some that experienced it. Complete penetration, without evidence of expansion!

I'd rather not be concerned with either! 🤔 me

It expanded, destroyed everything it was intended to destroy and left a 1" exit hole.

I'm glad that they worked for you. From some of the "brag photos" shown on this site…..there's a lot more tissue damage than I wish to see!

While not always guaranteed…..I prefer to place the bullet behind the shoulder.….with just a little rib meat lost. However, I will also take a steeply angled shot, hoping the velocity loss after a few feet of animal will reduce the tissue damage and reduce blood shot meat! I kinda like a bullet that will do both…..even on the largest of NA game! memtb

Rokslide has a huge three dedicated to a metric ton of animals killed with them. Long story short they are guaranteed murder bullets
Well, that's comforting to know. A few years ago, I had some worked up with 23.4 grains of TAC that shot pretty well in my RRA-VA4 with the 20" tube. Hesitated to hunt with them but maybe I'll give them a try!

It started its life as a tikka superlite 300wm. I can't think of a worse rifle. I'd come home from the range and the next day my shoulder would be blue from the bruising.

I added a 20" CF barrel chambered in 7saum
AG composite alpine hunter (this stock is downright amazing)
Thunderbeast Dominus

It's amazing how cheap a semi custom job is on a tikka.

180 eldms
Adg brass
H1000
210 match primers

I was running it close to 2800 but backed it down to 2720. It's killed from 15 yards to 834 yards. My wife can shoot it all day at the range. It just doesn't recoil. It's a little much for my daughter to shoot at steel, but at fur she's ready to go! 😜
Did you use a prefit? WM bolt face worked for the SAUM?? Was the stock a drop in or did it need work? I have several Tikkas and I'm sure I can find one to be a donor! Thanks

Did you use a prefit? WM bolt face worked for the SAUM?? Was the stock a drop in or did it need work? I have several Tikkas and I'm sure I can find one to be a donor! Thanks
Yes, a magnum bolt face will work with the Saum cartridges. It feeds with a long action magazine and the long action bolt stop.

Ag composites doesn't sell their tikka stocks direct. They have to go through one of their gunsmiths. I'm not sure why they do that. I'm actually going to post my other ag composite stock for sale soon. My daughter is 4'11" and the LOP is way too long. I bought her a chassis with adjustable butt pad.

Carbon6 has a sale until the end of the month. Their prefit would screw in and drop into an ag stock and you'd have a 1000 yard gun for less than 1500 assuming you have the action.

Anybody wondering why target bullets make better hunting bullets than "hunting" bullets? Look at the chart below with a 16mph cross wind…

Attachments

• IMG_0565.png
    IMG_0565.png
    38 KB · Views: 58
Yes, a magnum bolt face will work with the Saum cartridges. It feeds with a long action magazine and the long action bolt stop.

Ag composites doesn't sell their tikka stocks direct. They have to go through one of their gunsmiths. I'm not sure why they do that. I'm actually going to post my other ag composite stock for sale soon. My daughter is 4'11" and the LOP is way too long. I bought her a chassis with adjustable butt pad.

Carbon6 has a sale until the end of the month. Their prefit would screw in and drop into an ag stock and you'd have a 1000 yard gun for less than 1500 assuming you have the action.

Anybody wondering why target bullets make better hunting bullets than "hunting" bullets? Look at the chart below with a 16mph cross wind…

It not just about hitting the target……killing the animal should also be a prerequisite!

How about 2 graphs…….one like the above and another with a good high bc "hunting" bullet using the same variables. Then determine the differences in wind drift …..I suspect that the difference not be the very big! JMO. memtb

It not just about hitting the target……killing the animal should also be a prerequisite!

How about 2 graphs…….one like the above and another with a good high bc "hunting" bullet using the same variables. Then determine the differences in wind drift …..I suspect that the difference not be the very big! JMO. memtb
Some people can't see the trees through the forest. As my dad always says "nobody has won an argument on the internet and few have changed their minds." After 13 pages of impressive results if a person still says
killing the animal should also be a prerequisite!
then his mind is made up and nothing will change it…