Berger vld target=hunting bullets?

älg

I know that Berger is now offering different styles, bt would be interested to know if the 140 g. 6,5 cal Berger VLD Hunting bullets are the same as the 140 VLD Target bullets??

External measurements are the same,, is construction also the same??

Cant get hold of the hunting ones..

Thanks

Jumpalot

If I've done my research correctly, I believe that the "target" bullets have a thicker jacket.

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
There are two vld's, one has a thick jacket and one does not. The old vld target #26001 is the same identical bullet as the new 26504 which has the thin jacket and is designated as a hunting bullet......Rich:D

portx5

Just got back from West Virginia hunting white tail. Was using the 6.5 target version. Everything dropped in there tracks. I had the same issue as you did could only find the target bullets. In my oppinion if you can't find the hunting ones then I wouldn't worry about it.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce