Talk me out of a USO

KSB209

So I finally have the funds to by my dream rifle. Rifle will be a GAP Crusdaer 6.5 CM. I always wanted US Optic glass to go on top of whatever I wanted. At dam near $3k what would you do? I know many of you have probably ran just about everything out there. Am I wasting my money on a USO? I have never shot with one but have looked through a few. I just think they are great but maybe I am buying into the marketing hype. Never been super impressed with S&B either and heard their warranty SUCKS frommore than 5-6 people.

So is USO over hyped? If you were going to drop $2500-$3000+ on glass what would be your "wet dream" for a new scope?

So I finally have the funds to by my dream rifle. Rifle will be a GAP Crusdaer 6.5 CM. I always wanted US Optic glass to go on top of whatever I wanted. At dam near $3k what would you do? I know many of you have probably ran just about everything out there. Am I wasting my money on a USO? I have never shot with one but have looked through a few. I just think they are great but maybe I am buying into the marketing hype. Never been super impressed with S&B either and heard their warranty SUCKS frommore than 5-6 people.

So is USO over hyped? If you were going to drop $2500-$3000+ on glass what would be your "wet dream" for a new scope?

I think you answered your own question. IMHO, like your dream rifle, it does not matter what we think, if you can live with that decision and meet your need(s), that's all it matters.

Good luck!

I think you answered your own question. IMHO, like your dream rifle, it does not matter what we think, if you can live with that decision and meet your need(s), that's all it matters.

Good luck!

Agreed! I think the US Optics are about as fine as it gets. At this level of scope there are hair splitting arguments as to which is better. As soon as our company is ready to add an optics line to our store our decision is to have US Optics as our high end optics line.

Finish your dream rifle and let all the nay sayers drool.

Steve

What makes these better than March?

This is where the hair splitting begins. All I can say is from handling them I felt like the US Optics was more geared to the hard use of a hunting/tactical rifle. So far in life I have not been fortunate enough to actually use/own a scope at this level. Nightforce is as good as it gets so far. Have not used the top of the Nightforce line either.

If my funds were able to I would have the US optics scope with moa reticle and their spotting scope with the same reticle in it. Would make shot calls a breeze for correction.

Nothing wrong with March.

Steve

In response to your question: lack of eye relief!

Only time I have banged my eye (twice) was using a 10X USO scope at the ASC Match in WV where the issues .308 FNH rifles and 10X USO scopes for the match.

Good luck

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.