Talk me into/out of FFP for hunting

We as individuals often find ourselves believing our own experience with one or two items is reflective of all similar items when usually that isn't really the case.
So how do you prove out your system? How do you accommodate for the lash in the system?

Anything is possible I guess, but in all my years of hunting I have never had this happen. Am I in the minority or lucky to have great eye sight? Doubt it.
Everyone has better than 20/20 great eyesight with a scope. Unless the scope is broken. If not than what is the purpose of a scope.

So how do you prove out your system? How do you accommodate for the lash in the system?
With head to head comparisons and the experience of owning several hundred scopes over the last 45 years along with those I was issued while in the service.

As a rule I simply do not buy without first a try and that doesn't just mean looking through a scope while standing at the sporting goods counter in Oshman's or Academy.

I also listen to people with enough experience and/or education to make such evaluations and are honest in their reviews.

The world is a much bigger place than any of us and there's always plenty to be learned from the experiences of others but in this day and age you really have to learn to filter information because there's so much bad, biased, and/or bought and paid for "information" spreading around the web.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Well, I'm going to give FFP a shot and was set on an NX8 for a bit but I'm not a fan of the reticle options. The horus is busy and I would have a hard time finding the mil-c f1 without constant illumination. I looked at the vortex LHT, athlon cronus and the maven r5. The maven is nice but I can't see paying that much for a SFP. That brings me back to where I started with the tract toric. It's a simple and seems like it'd be easy to use and see without illumination. I'll keep looking but will likely land there if nothing better pops up.

Nightforce has a sweet 2nd fp Reticle. I have a Nx8 4-32x50 f2. I like how the Reticle doesn't change and they have markings for 32x and 16x.

Recent Posts