Strelok Banned in USA

I really don't understand the nuances of the different ballistic aps, but I'm thinking, why would Russia or Ukraine spend money that they've been trying to save, to develop software when they can just use an app as cheaply as they can with Streloc?
Ukraine has an app for artillery that connects the entire battlefield. It's like geo ballistics on steroids.
Beyond that? IDK. The US does so I would think other countries would also or at least a reskinned app.
IMHO all banning this app did was make it harder to get for anybody except Russians lol

Interesting opinion you have there.
And I'll state it again
AB is easier. It is not "better" IMHO
Obviously not your opinion.
And again I use both they are really the only two I use any longer (still like ballistics field tactical version but hey that ipod days)
I get that you like to pick an app, buy a profile and shoot with very little thought put into it and that's fine. Most people are looking for just that.
But strelok is an entire tool kit of things you do not get with AB. Ab is a modern basic solver with CDM capabilities that is all it is.
With knowledge, proper inputs and homework strelok will and does out preform AB because it has more user inputs to assume a prediction.
And again with ab you cannot correct the CDM if it's not matching real world results. You can only kind of correct the transonic zone with a factor. This isn't CDM correction.
One nice thing about ab is that if you are lucky enough to get to one of their mobile labs you can have them do your homework for you. Because ab is easier not better
You're just repeating what you're saying, like a copy and paste. I understood the point, what I saying is it's wrong. Not correct. Error. For me, this has nothing to do with Applied Ballistics.
You're making it sound like you can change a CDM on strelok, clearly you don't get that you can NOT change it without reshooting it through doplar. That exist across the board. On any platform except coldbore/Patagonia. Because, they don't use CDMs as it's a non point mass solver.

Something like strelok can help you change the form factor, that is a modified 3dof/4dof function. You can essentially do the same thing in trasol. That isn't not a new CDM. CDMs are exact flight data of a projectile. Not assumed, and not tweaking a drag coefficient. You would need to know; and then have access to change the bullets front area value, dynamic pressure, it's drag coefficient ( not to be confused with BC) and even so, you would have to have a doplar drag curve from doplar of the projectile in question, to be able to modify it. Then when you do, it's no longer a drag curve, it's now a model again. Might as well use multiple BCs.

The transonic to subsonic is where BC and CDM accuracy needs to exist the most. In todays modern times with BCs highly published, is the primary culprit in super sonic shooting, as it relates to data, is muzzle velocity.

Again, you can fix the AB data by
1) Shooting at their booth or
2) DSF and MV truing. DSF gives actual change to drag function. It corrects to Subsonic for the purposes of dope alignment. All the sexy features don't really matter if your **** is off.

3) 99% of people don't fall into this category and it's a nonissue. Again, usually special equipment is involved for a CDM to not line up. The same is true with hornady, lapua, etc.

Russia would never had struck Ukraine had the corrupt politicians in this country and Ukraine would have not have bio labs near them doing who knows what in them along with other atrocities that are happening there. Do any of you that are pro Ukraine know that its the most corrupt country on earth and that the dnc get a huge chunk of money from that country, probably not because some believe the talking heads on tv that get orders from the intelligence agencies on what to put on tv and what not to. Most information about how corrupt Ukraine is probably wiped off the web unless you go to the waybackmachine.com to find old articles about the nazis and other information that people don't know about, forgot or don't hear about anymore.
Ukrainian nazis, corrupt government, corporations and bio labs in this war are not a victims. Most of the citizens/areas in Ukraine want to be with mother Russia.
Igor has a very good app, it works and is simple. If the resident wouldn't have started all this turmoil in the world there would be no issue. Don't believe everything you see and hear on tv…..research, research and research, follow the money, hear the talk these corrupt politicians say and watch their actions, actions speaks VOLUMES!
That's ******* foul. You're the kind of person that would have supported the actual Nazi's rise to power. That or just a Russian troll, I'm not sure which is worse.

This is the app applied ballistics version for correction. This is not the PC based analytics version.
The app version here uses observed drop (the PC version uses mach to derive the factor. Using speed is way better than using drop) notice the yardage that they give you to derive this data. For most rifles at sea level this is the transonic and sub sonic zones. Using observed drop rather than velocity brings atmospheric error into the correction (think vertical deflection due to wind for one) this uses a factor (which is in the name of the correction title) which is linear instead of actually correcting coefficient of drag.
Changes in drag are not usually linear and just like the reason for having multiple bc instead of one single bc is that different shapes have different effects on drag at different mach. On the ab app once again you cannot customize drag to real world findings without going to their lab.
Strelok you have complete control over the entire drag curves within CDM because you build them (unless it is Lapua CDM which is supplied by Lapua but is still fully accessible). The picture I posted in my last post to you is the CDM for 208 eldm. Every single part of it is editable. This alone not to mention all the features I listed in my above post are enough for me to say IMHO strelok is a better overall app than AB. Unless you just want a simple calculator and do not care to do the actual homework. Even then for most people who never shoot past 1k Strelok is an entire sweet of tools that the ab app is lacking in.
Screenshot_20230503-204824.png

This is the app applied ballistics version for correction. This is not the PC based analytics version.
The app version here uses observed drop (the PC version uses mach to derive the factor. Using speed is way better than using drop) notice the yardage that they give you to derive this data. For most rifles at sea level this is the transonic and sub sonic zones. Using observed drop rather than velocity brings atmospheric error into the correction (think vertical deflection due to wind for one) this uses a factor (which is in the name of the correction title) which is linear instead of actually correcting coefficient of drag.
Changes in drag are not usually linear and just like the reason for having multiple bc instead of one single bc is that different shapes have different effects on drag at different mach. On the ab app once again you cannot customize drag to real world findings without going to their lab.
Strelok you have complete control over the entire drag curves within CDM because you build them (unless it is Lapua CDM which is supplied by Lapua but is still fully accessible). The picture I posted in my last post to you is the CDM for 208 eldm. Every single part of it is editable. This alone not to mention all the features I listed in my above post are enough for me to say IMHO strelok is a better overall app than AB. Unless you just want a simple calculator and do not care to do the actual homework. Even then for most people who never shoot past 1k Strelok is an entire sweet of tools that the ab app is lacking in.
Clipped directly from the fury ab manual on dsf

Attachments

• PXL_20230504_032737154~2.jpg
    PXL_20230504_032737154~2.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 41
View attachment 460988
Yes, but the part of DSF in the background affects the drag. It's through observed drops but again, that's what matters. Not "home work" and not just moving numbers around.
You don't need to clip it. I'm more than aware of what it is. It's what I've been saying the whole time. While it might not be "required," it's what will need to be done for anyone that's falls into the 1% category that requires in field editing of a CDM. If you're using it through a kestrel elite, there should be little probability that there's atmospheric error in the first place. If you're changing drag characteristics, you're already aware that's it's an issue with a drag function.

Again, CDMs you can't create without doplar. So, you cannot create one without that data. Unless Igor is stealing this data or getting expressed permissions to use it, there is no creating it. I understand what the app is saying you are doing. What I'm saying is unless it's doplar data on that particular bullet, then it's not a custom drag model.

It's a stacked drag model.

So, what's a good replacement app for Strelok. I currently have Strelok, and like it, but sounds like I need to find another. Something not too complex or complicated, but one that supplies me with enough information.
Hornady app isn't bad. It's not just for Hornady bullets if you manually input data, Applied ballistics is great.

Yup it probably does affect the Ukrainian snipers. They were using it very heavily.
Kinda a side note about two months ago on the strelok Facebook page there were some people asking if it could be used to predict point of impact beyond line of sight.
Then there are several claims (even here) that brings up the possibility of Russians using it for artillery. Seems as though a modern army like Russia would have their own solvers for their troops though
I had the same thoughts about the militaries surely have their own better versions.

Yes strelok is banned in the United states. If you want to upgrade or get the latest strelok...type in strelok, United kingdom for metric. POA requires you to go to Ireland. Again type in strelok, ireland...download.