Strelok Pro - Ballistics App

I usually check weather twice a day, morning and afternoon. I've rarely had a problem. I'm sure it depends on the service opportunities where you hunt. Sometimes I have to move from where I'm standing to be away from trees, etc., but I don't seem to have any problems with service.
Wow that's cool. The country we hunt in will never get cell service haha.

I do not care for vortex glass. Their warranty is great but it doesn't help fill tags. We've been burned by the vortex curse many times. The rangefinders I have experience with only worked for about half the claimed ranges and got worse as they aged.
Do they make a finder only that has AB? Meaning not having to purchase sub par binos just to have AB in their finder?
They make rangefinders with and without AB

I do not care for vortex glass. Their warranty is great but it doesn't help fill tags. We've been burned by the vortex curse many times. The rangefinders I have experience with only worked for about half the claimed ranges and got worse as they aged.
Do they make a finder only that has AB? Meaning not having to purchase sub par binos just to have AB in their finder?
Vortex curse? It is definitely not as good as other glass as I stated before, but I don't know about being burned, or some kind of curse.

Yes many times in the field we have had glass malfunction. In several instances it has cost us missing game. Sure vortex fixed them...wonderful in that regard but it doesn't help when you're miles in and have no backup rifle for an animal that has taken you many years to draw. We call it the vortex curse. It's a thing ive witnessed.
There are also many other companies who will stand behind their products as well. I'm sure vortex is great in many regards and I'm not bashing them. Just not for me anymore. Based on strictly personal experience, I do not trust them in my hunts any more.

Yes many times in the field we have had glass malfunction. In several instances it has cost us missing game. Sure vortex fixed them...wonderful in that regard but it doesn't help when you're miles in and have no backup rifle for an animal that has taken you many years to draw. We call it the vortex curse. It's a thing ive witnessed.
There are also many other companies who will stand behind their products as well. I'm sure vortex is great in many regards and I'm not bashing them. Just not for me anymore. Based on strictly personal experience, I do not trust them in my hunts any more.
With something you've invested so heavily in you should always have a Plan B in place. I'm assuming your scope was off was there only one rifle on the hunt no way to switch to another rifle?

How rifles do you carry when you're on a hunt?
I would not be alone on a hunt like that and wouldn't the guide possibly have a rifle? When hunting out of state I have two rifles with me, but yes, hunting local I only have the one.

I would not be alone on a hunt like that and wouldn't the guide possibly have a rifle? When hunting out of state I have two rifles with me, but yes, hunting local I only have the one.
I don't know a single person who carries 2 rifles on their person. Unless you packed 2 rifles in the field I don't see how a plan B would mitigate scope failure in the field.

They make rangefinders with and without AB
I would consider this. Because a rangefinder failure is easier mitigated than a scope failure.

I won't be changing from Strelok Pro. Igor has helped me out numerous times.
I have also had good experiences with iStrelok and would continue to use it if I could. He has been really good about providing updates, adding reticles etc.

Lots of things are getting caught up in the sanctions. For example, there was a newspaper article this week about being unable to export dentist chairs to Russia as well as other goods that have no military or dual purpose use.

Russia's future has taken a dark turn for the worse since the invasion of Ukraine. I feel badly for the Russian people, though not their leadership. They have destroyed Ukraine and set Russia back decades.

I have also had good experiences with iStrelok and would continue to use it if I could. He has been really good about providing updates, adding reticles etc.

Lots of things are getting caught up in the sanctions. For example, there was a newspaper article this week about being unable to export dentist chairs to Russia as well as other goods that have no military or dual purpose use.

Russia's future has taken a dark turn for the worse since the invasion of Ukraine. I feel badly for the Russian people, though not their leadership. They have destroyed Ukraine and set Russia back decades.
You can still use your iStrelok on your phone. You just won't be getting any updates for a while unless somehow Amazon can push them.

I don't know a single person who carries 2 rifles on their person. Unless you packed 2 rifles in the field I don't see how a plan B would mitigate scope failure in the field.

I would consider this. Because a rangefinder failure is easier mitigated than a scope failure.
Never said I carried them on me at the same time but I did say I don't hunt alone out of state so I could grab my hunting partner's rifle, but when I am that far away from home, I do have a spare rifle. I did say with me, as in a spare one at camp or in the truck, but not on my shoulder, and by Plan B I meant a hunting partner or guides rifle.