Strelok Pro - Ballistics App

The strelokr app was great for drops attached to various reticles....

Not sure what good sanctioning this guy is going to do because Russian snipers are still going to have it or simply get an app from another developer even if it's from their buddies in Chyna.....

Really ticks me off that would still be available on Amazon. I paid for it on Google so what's the diff....

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_191857685.jpg
    IMG_20230411_191857685.jpg
    967.4 KB · Views: 30
Man this is crazy, how does a $15-$30 application add $1000 to a $500 rangefinder. Am I missing something? Download ballistic app on your phone for almost nothing but as soon as it's uploaded to ANY other electronic device it's all of a sudden outrageously priced.

Sorry for the hijacking OP. I'm done hahaha

Doesn't matter if you have Strelok or not, Russia/China will still be invading the US in the next coming few years after the planned civil war/anarchy breaks out and completely destabilizes the country

Man this is crazy, how does a $15-$30 application add $1000 to a $500 rangefinder. Am I missing something? Download ballistic app on your phone for almost nothing but as soon as it's uploaded to ANY other electronic device it's all of a sudden outrageously priced.

It is pretty crazy, but they do add on board weather stations minus wind for your environmental inputs. Makes it push and play to get a drop calculations all in one device. I have the Zeiss and the wife runs the vortex.
Only downfall is the wind input in my option, the vortex allows for it on the binos but the leicas, swaros and Zeiss don't. You still need an external wind meter unless you're guessing.

It is pretty crazy, but they do add on board weather stations minus wind for your environmental inputs. Makes it push and play to get a drop calculations all in one device. I have the Zeiss and the wife runs the vortex.
Only downfall is the wind input in my option, the vortex allows for it on the binos but the leicas, swaros and Zeiss don't. You still need an external wind meter unless you're guessing.
Seems pointless to spend all that money if you're gonna leave any variable out. So you have to buy a Rangefinding 2-3k bino system with AB, then you have to buy a $750 kestrel that also has AB. So they can all talk to each other correct? Cuz a guy could use a cheap wind meter but then you'd have to manually enter the wind dopes into the calculator with just the binos or rangefinders with AB....which I'm not sure you can....meanwhile the animal is moving over the horizon...

Seems pointless to spend all that money if you're gonna leave any variable out. So you have to buy a Rangefinding 2-3k bino system with AB, then you have to buy a $750 kestrel that also has AB. So they can all talk to each other correct? Cuz a guy could use a cheap wind meter but then you'd have to manually enter the wind dopes into the calculator with just the binos or rangefinders with AB....which I'm not sure you can....meanwhile the animal is moving over the horizon...
With the vortex they have a few different wind input modes. I'm not an expert since I don't mess with them much because they are the wife's but you just need wind speed with a basic one and you could use the buttons on the binos to input wind pretty fast. I believe you could also Bluetooth a wind meter to them also but I'm not positive how that works, so don't quote me😂
I just think the binos with built in ballistic speed it up a little bit at least you range and boom have drop data, don't have to pull the phone out or anything. Wind dope I usually have a basic sheet taped to the stock used in conjunction with a cheapo wind meter. but if it gets crazy windy I don't plan on shoot anyways.
To be honest I'm not sure a manufacture could put a wind meter in a bino.

I know I'm thread jacking my b😂

But I do like the strelok app I use it at the range and helping family members with their loads.

Not crazy at all. You're not paying $500-1000 for adding the $15 app to your rangefinder. You're paying for the electronics inside the rangefinder to feed the app information to do its calculations. First, you need a more powerful circuit board with a computer and storage than what is required to just laser rangefind. This computer needs to be developed and miniaturized (which is expensive), tested, ruggedized, aligned by trained factory workers, procedures developed for workers to install properly, etc. Second, sensors need to be added to the range finder to detect the environment like elevation, geo location for coriolis, magnetic heading, tilt angle, temperature, etc. Your $2000 phone already has these sensors built in and is a powerful computer with lots of storage so you don't need to pay for them to be added.

Last edited:
Not crazy at all. You're not paying $500-1000 for adding the $15 app to your rangefinder. You're paying for the electronics inside the rangefinder to feed the app information to do its calculations. First, you need a more powerful circuit board with a computer and storage than what is required to just laser rangefind. This computer needs to be developed and miniaturized (which is expensive), tested, ruggedized, aligned by trained factory workers, procedures developed for workers to install properly, etc. Second, sensors need to be added to the range finder to detect the environment like elevation, geo location for coriolis, magnetic heading, tilt angle, temperature, etc. Your $2000 phone already has these sensors built in and is a powerful computer with lots of storage so you don't need to pay for them to be added.

Not buying it man. You can buy a rangefinder with all that in it for like $400. It's an artificial market. Just like most stuff these days.