Difference between Lapua and Strelok app ?

Nuclear Worker:

Your math and Apps seem way off … in a fairly large way.

You did not post it, but I suspect your 6BR has an MV somewhere around 2,900 fps (depending on bullet, bullet weight, barrel length, charge, powder etc …..).

If so, and you are using a high end well designed high BC bullet, you should be seeing 600 yard come-ups around 11 MOA or so (based on a 100 yard zero).

I'd be happy to help …. But I suspect you're missing some critical data and/or have put it in the apps wrong. If you want and are able, Drop me a private PM sending me your email … and following that I'd want you to send me a snapshot of your data entry page for ISTRELOK along with all your rifle/bullet info (I suspect you are using hand-loads).Hopefully we will be able to fix it there.

I use both apps (Stelok more) and both are normally spot on. I suspect you either have your BC input incorrectly, MV off, or ….

Happy to help…. Drop me a line.

I shoot 6mm all the time out to 1,000 yards at matches and hold a national record so am pretty aware of what this cartridge can do, and what it's ballistics are doing …. And routinely use the APPS you are having issues with. Drop me a line…. Happy to help.

Nuclear Worker:

Your math and Apps seem way off … in a fairly large way.

You did not post it, but I suspect your 6BR has an MV somewhere around 2,900 fps (depending on bullet, bullet weight, barrel length, charge, powder etc …..).

If so, and you are using a high end well designed high BC bullet, you should be seeing 600 yard come-ups around 11 MOA or so (based on a 100 yard zero).

I'd be happy to help …. But I suspect you're missing some critical data and/or have put it in the apps wrong. If you want and are able, Drop me a private PM sending me your email … and following that I'd want you to send me a snapshot of your data entry page for ISTRELOK along with all your rifle/bullet info (I suspect you are using hand-loads).Hopefully we will be able to fix it there.

I use both apps (Stelok more) and both are normally spot on. I suspect you either have your BC input incorrectly, MV off, or ….

Happy to help…. Drop me a line.

I shoot 6mm all the time out to 1,000 yards at matches and hold a national record so am pretty aware of what this cartridge can do, and what it's ballistics are doing …. And routinely use the APPS you are having issues with. Drop me a line…. Happy to help.
Thank you for your offer I tried sending you a private message and it said I can't?

I also use several different apps. I find that when there is much difference the issue has always been a "smart" phone screen to enter data or my bi-focals! Good luck in resolving the problem but the final test is always at the target.

Scope height won't make that much difference.....unless the a huge moa rail on one rifle.....maybe the ring bases are backwards.....something very funky.....

For a 6 BR neither sounds close to correct for 600 yards....just going off of 6.5 data ....it's half that number...that 6 would be falling like a manhole cover!

The mathematics for most ballistic calculators are the same. The differences are almost always a difference in inputs, usually unintentional.
I've run the same data through JBM, Applied Ballistics, Hornady standard and 4DOF, Berger which is a simple version of Applied Ballistics, Shooters and others. My findings have always been the difference was my input error.
Standard Atmosphere is the mean of urban areas across the US it is not always the same from calculator to calculator. Check that as well if you are not setting them for your location.

@Nuclear Worker please post up your load data and we can run it through our app and see what we are getting. Im sure its a simple fix when we find the error. Dont be ashamed, its the fun part about Long range shooting and all of us are weird and like to trouble shoot or we would just play golf of something...LOL

bullet, MV are the 2 big factors and then we can make some calculations.
for a similar example my 6x45 with an 80gr speer SP(flat base) @ 2800fps MV is 16.5moa solution for 600yds

Best most fun is to go zero each at 100 then blackout to different ranges and shoot and measure.....the heck with the app....that's for after....

I don't know the fps coming from my 223ar....but with the scope I can put it on 7x hold the heavy post and blast things at 500yds......

@Nuclear Worker please post up your load data and we can run it through our app and see what we are getting. Im sure its a simple fix when we find the error. Dont be ashamed, its the fun part about Long range shooting and all of us are weird and like to trouble shoot or we would just play golf of something...LOL

bullet, MV are the 2 big factors and then we can make some calculations.
for a similar example my 6x45 with an 80gr speer SP(flat base) @ 2800fps MV is 16.5moa solution for 600yds
Okay I hope the pictures will help? Just for clarification she is shooting Factory Lapua 105 grain scenars. Her barrel is 18.5 inches long. The mv was taken using a magneto speed 3. I have a Garmin chronograph now when I get a chance I will reconfirm. Otherwise it's a MPA chassis Big Horn action , cf Bartlein, Trigger Tech Diamond trigger, Trijicon 10 mile scope.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.png
    IMG_1256.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1254.png
    IMG_1254.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1257.png
    IMG_1257.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1255.png
    IMG_1255.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1258.png
    IMG_1258.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 35
Just curious what speed does your chronograph show?…(not what's printed on the box) .
As someone else mentioned.. have you shot either and been on target?