DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NEW SENDERO AND THE OLD MODEL ?

The stock is different on the new Sendero compared to the older one. The new one has a big palm swell that many people don't like (I have a VSSF II, the varmint version, and I think it helps with trigger control).

ALSO, please don't post in all caps anymore. It is considered yelling and is quite rude. Just a heads up.

In addition to the palm swell, the new forend is a wider, flatter, bench type setup than the older rounded forend.

The new stock is much bulkier.

[ QUOTE ]
The stock is different on the new Sendero compared to the older one. The new one has a big palm swell that many people don't like (I have a VSSF II, the varmint version, and I think it helps with trigger control).

Sorry about the capitals thing. Just new at this.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I have seen a number of new ( older model senderos going for around $650-700 which looks real cheap for a big gun 300 rum ?

Are they as good technicaly as the new model? I personally hate the new sendero stock anyway.

Thanks again all !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ALSO, please don't post in all caps anymore. It is considered yelling and is quite rude. Just a heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a VSSF in 308 and have the VSSF-II in 204,and the only difference functionaly is the stock,, and I LOVE the new version,it seems stiffer and with the 2 ounce Jewel the sweel fits my hands better and I get better control.

everything else is just looks,,unless you get the new trigger,mine has the old trigger and NO J-LOCK..

the green webbing on the new stock along with the black flutes and the markX protrigger are some of the differences. i have several of each and i like both. i usually use all small letters because i can't type . but i like the caps because i can read them easier.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.