Difference between Lapua and Strelok app ?

My recomemdation, take a step back and slow down. Get a tablet and write down all, all the input data on the left then create two columns. One column for each app. Systematically write down the data you input for each app on the respective line. You will find the error.

Last edited:
My recomemdation, take a step back and slow down. Get a tablet and write down all, all the input data on the left then create two columns. One column for each app. Systematically write down the data you input for each app on the respective line. You will find the error.
I have done this multiple times and can't seem to find any evidence of it being different? Thinking of deleting the profile on each app and starting fresh? Another question when I add the Rexsilentium suppressor to it. Will that add some fps. To because of the additional length? Or is it non conducive because it is bleeding of the pressure?

Nuclear Worker:

Your math and Apps seem way off … in a fairly large way.

You did not post it, but I suspect your 6BR has an MV somewhere around 2,900 fps (depending on bullet, bullet weight, barrel length, charge, powder etc …..).

If so, and you are using a high end well designed high BC bullet, you should be seeing 600 yard come-ups around 11 MOA or so (based on a 100 yard zero).

I'd be happy to help …. But I suspect you're missing some critical data and/or have put it in the apps wrong. If you want and are able, Drop me a private PM sending me your email … and following that I'd want you to send me a snapshot of your data entry page for ISTRELOK along with all your rifle/bullet info (I suspect you are using hand-loads).Hopefully we will be able to fix it there.

I use both apps (Stelok more) and both are normally spot on. I suspect you either have your BC input incorrectly, MV off, or ….

Happy to help…. Drop me a line.

I shoot 6mm all the time out to 1,000 yards at matches and hold a national record so am pretty aware of what this cartridge can do, and what it's ballistics are doing …. And routinely use the APPS you are having issues with. Drop me a line…. Happy to help.
I have sent you a private message. Have you received it?

Just curious what speed does your chronograph show?…(not what's printed on the box) .
As someone else mentioned.. have you shot either and been on target?
Using a Magneto speed 3 it shows 2300 with factory Lapua 105gn Scenar HPBT. When I get a chance to test again will try my new Garmin also and compare. The picture is her shot at 168 yards . Not very far but accurate

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpeg
    IMG_0504.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 14
I think your drag model is wrong. Change both to G7 and manually input the published BC.

The suppressor will change your point of impact slightly between when it is on and when it isn't, but the Velo that it adds is somewhere between none and not much. Certainly not enough to change your dial 3-4 MOA at 600

Ok I went through the Strelok app and Ballistic Advanced edition apps again. After redoing them both I now have on the Strelok -135" drop, 172 clicks at1/8", 21.6 MOA. On the Ballistic Advanced Edition I have-137.3 drop, 174.83 clicks at 1/8" and 21.8 MOA. So very close will have to confirm on the target. Gave up on the Lapua app doesn't allow you to put in enough information. At least I don't know how 🤔. Thanks for the help guys!!

Ok I went through the Strelok app and Ballistic Advanced edition apps again. After redoing them both I now have on the Strelok -135" drop, 172 clicks at1/8", 21.6 MOA. On the Ballistic Advanced Edition I have-137.3 drop, 174.83 clicks at 1/8" and 21.8 MOA. So very close will have to confirm on the target. Gave up on the Lapua app doesn't allow you to put in enough information. At least I don't know how 🤔. Thanks for the help guys!!
The slow speed is because of 18.5 " barrel other than having to dial a lot. Will it really be a handicap for her out to 600 yards? Maybe in the wind it will push her bullet more because of slow speed? Bartlein cf with only 50 rnds down it. Hate to replace it already 😢

Slower isn't necessarily bad, but you are correct, even though the drop is predictable, the longer the bullet is in flight, the longer the wind has to act upon the bullet.
Of more concern would be the vocoty of the bullet when it gets to the target, if it is a hunting rifle. Be sure to check the min bullet velocity for proper expansion on an animal. Starting at 2300 is pretty slow to expect it to perform at distance. Use the same app and look at what the remaining velocities are. You will probably find that the manufacturers want to see 1700-1800 fps min to.insure proper bullet performance

Slower isn't necessarily bad, but you are correct, even though the drop is predictable, the longer the bullet is in flight, the longer the wind has to act upon the bullet.
Of more concern would be the vocoty of the bullet when it gets to the target, if it is a hunting rifle. Be sure to check the min bullet velocity for proper expansion on an animal. Starting at 2300 is pretty slow to expect it to perform at distance. Use the same app and look at what the remaining velocities are. You will probably find that the manufacturers want to see 1700-1800 fps min to.insure proper bullet performance
No strictly a target rifle. She shoots the good old 30.06 for hunting. This Elk was 358 yards on shot
IMG_1551.jpeg