Strelok Pro - Ballistics App

Ive been considering taking the bait into the new hubbub of rangefinding binos, and ballistics solution rangefinders with applied ballistics kestrel but the idea of applied ballistics needing two separate profiles has got me seriously considering it's not worth it...what's the point?

Could you enlighten us on the specifics of that statement?
Wyo300rum was looking for the Shooter app in an earlier post he asked was that the whole name so in another post I showed a picture on the App Store but he uses Google play and I just added that it was developed by the Kennedy group to try and help describe it so he could download the proper app that is all.

Ive been considering taking the bait into the new hubbub of rangefinding binos, and ballistics solution rangefinders with applied ballistics kestrel but the idea of applied ballistics needing two separate profiles has got me seriously considering it's not worth it...what's the point?
I have Vortex Fury 5000 binos, with applied ballistics, two profiles is not necessary and it can pair with a Kestrel, but does not have to do that either.

I attempted to use Shooters ballistic application. I loaded the profiles and then it tells me to download it from the web but it doesn't give me a link. So I go to load the application and I get a message back that my Android is too new (over a year old) to support this application. I use Snipers calculator pro & love it except when you have to jump from one ballistic solution to another It has problems. So I'd like another ballistic calculator that I can load some of my other caliber solutions in. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up that for some reason your version of Android you can't load this application.

I've been using Hornady's free ballistics app. It's been accurate and easy to use.
I also have the Hornady app and also Strelok Pro, Revic Ops, and GeoBallistics. I tried some others also and later deleted them as being too cumbersome to easily use. The Hornady app does not have many bullet profiles - at least I couldn't find Sierras, Barnes and many other bullet descriptions. Consequently, I had to search the internet to get the info and type it into the Hornady app. I like Strelok Pro the best by far because it has most bullets already cataloged for easy download and thousands of scope reticles loaded. Most other apps don't have reticles. I think Kestral is a waste of money and just more weight to carry and adds more complications like batteries, storage, etc. for little benefit if any. Your phone has weather data and you can buy a wind vane for your phone much cheaper. Kestrel only tells you the wind where you're standing and not the winds at the target or along the bullet's flight path so pretty worthless in my opinion.

I attempted to use Shooters ballistic application. I loaded the profiles and then it tells me to download it from the web but it doesn't give me a link. So I go to load the application and I get a message back that my Android is too new (over a year old) to support this application. I use Snipers calculator pro & love it except when you have to jump from one ballistic solution to another It has problems. So I'd like another ballistic calculator that I can load some of my other caliber solutions in. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up that for some reason your version of Android you can't load this application.
Thats very concerning!
My phone is pretty old but in the event that I upgrade I don't want to have this problem.
Keep me updated please.

Wyo300rum was looking for the Shooter app in an earlier post he asked was that the whole name so in another post I showed a picture on the App Store but he uses Google play and I just added that it was developed by the Kennedy group to try and help describe it so he could download the proper app that is all.
Oh i see. Thought there was some sort of underlying meaning to the Kennedy development group.

I'm also not very impressed with vortex. In my experience their rangefinding products never do what they say.

Last edited:
I also have the Hornady app and also Strelok Pro, Revic Ops, and GeoBallistics. I tried some others also and later deleted them as being too cumbersome to easily use. The Hornady app does not have many bullet profiles - at least I couldn't find Sierras, Barnes and many other bullet descriptions. Consequently, I had to search the internet to get the info and type it into the Hornady app. I like Strelok Pro the best by far because it has most bullets already cataloged for easy download and thousands of scope reticles loaded. Most other apps don't have reticles. I think Kestral is a waste of money and just more weight to carry and adds more complications like batteries, storage, etc. for little benefit if any. Your phone has weather data and you can buy a wind vane for your phone much cheaper. Kestrel only tells you the wind where you're standing and not the winds at the target or along the bullet's flight path so pretty worthless in my opinion.
How does your phone have real time atmospheric data when you're at 10k feet in October? In order for mine to give be that I need to have service?

Oh i see. Thought there was some sort of underlying meaning to the Kennedy development group.

I'm also not very impressed with vortex. In my experience their rangefinding products never do what they say.
These things range better than any rangefinder I've ever had. I've had a gunwerks G7 BR 2, also a BR 2500. Also a Leupold RX 1000 i a while back. Usually they were good for about half of what they claim as far as distance, these binoculars range like crazy, their glass is not what my Leupold binoculars were, and it takes approximately five seconds for your dope to appear after you range but it's not that bad.
I bought Vortex in this situation because it did what I wanted all around pretty **** well. I carry one piece of equipment instead of 2 plus my phone but mainly when you spend this much money on sensitive electronics combined with other things. I want the Vortex warranty. If it breaks, I know I will get it replaced. No questions asked!
But I will add this is the only Vortex product I own.

These things range better than any rangefinder I've ever had. I've had a gunwerks G7 BR 2, also a BR 2500. Also a Leupold RX 1000 i a while back. Usually they were good for about half of what they claim as far as distance, these binoculars range like crazy, their glass is not what my Leupold binoculars were, and it takes approximately five seconds for your dope to appear after you range but it's not that bad.
I bought Vortex in this situation because it did what I wanted all around pretty **** well. I carry one piece of equipment instead of 2 plus my phone but mainly when you spend this much money on sensitive electronics combined with other things. I want the Vortex warranty. If it breaks, I know I will get it replaced. No questions asked!
But I will add this is the only Vortex product I own.
I just watched a video on the Vortex 5000 with AB and they said to use it with an app on your phone.Do you do that?

I just watched a video on the Vortex 5000 with AB and they said to use it with an app on your phone.Do you do that?
Yes, I use the app on my phone to switch between profiles or to do editing.
IMG_5022.png

I do not care for vortex glass. Their warranty is great but it doesn't help fill tags. We've been burned by the vortex curse many times. The rangefinders I have experience with only worked for about half the claimed ranges and got worse as they aged.
Do they make a finder only that has AB? Meaning not having to purchase sub par binos just to have AB in their finder?

How does your phone have real time atmospheric data when you're at 10k feet in October? In order for mine to give be that I need to have service?
I usually check weather twice a day, morning and afternoon. I've rarely had a problem. I'm sure it depends on the service coverage where you hunt and the sensitivity of your model of phone. Sometimes I have to move from where I'm standing to be away from trees, etc., but I don't seem to have any problems with service. I've used Singular, AT&T and Verizon. Verizon had by far the best service coverage in my experience.

Last edited: