• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Small Rifle Midway

A small supplier by me sends out notices when they're getting a shipment. Last friday they sent one out. Cci srp $37. Per 1000. Must not be the manufacturer raising the price.

Sorry. The big guy, midway, doesn't get a pass. They've raised their prices and maintained higher shipping and fees. I'm buying from grafs, Natchez, mid south etc. They may not get stuff in as often as midway but I'm fine waiting.
On the hazmat, we are not debating the overhead associated with hazmat. I don't have a hazmat cert but do have a healthy idea of what's involved. The people above pointed out that the median price for hazmat and shipping is well below midway, who should have the lowest overall cost as a lot of it is fixed costs. It's ok to defend why hazmat fees are in existence but don't defend why midway charges 50-100% more over their peers. The reason is the same reason they are charging 2x for some reloading components vs last year. People will pay it. That's not a permanent situation though.

For example a couple weeks ago I got some Tac from MSSS for 208 shipped. At midway it would have been 240.
Blaming Midway for Democrat lunacy...LOL

Reactions: RWE
That's the other reason I'm not happy with midway because I've been on the notification list for a few things that have shown up recently and never got notifications from them.
I was always picked last for dodgeball, but I got over it.

Reactions: RWE
Yep. That's ridiculous. By limiting to 1, he is also making a fortune on shipping/ hazmat which are right at $40.00.
Bingo!

Nothing more to say other than don't be lured in with midways marketing of cheap hazmat , or cheap shipping.

As always, the real cost to the consumer= product+Shipping+Hazmat.

All those emails with $10 hazmat, or $10 shipping are meaningless marketing BS when the product price is increased as an offset or limited in quantity.

Larry is the Bezos of the shooting community.
In fact, expect to see midwayusa prime in the future to bring in an annualized revenue stream similar to amazon prime.

Last edited:
Midways pricing has gotten to the offensive end of the curve for primers. Both on the price of the primer, combined with the limits put in place.
Like you know what they pay for primers. Go ahead, blame our friends for the stupidity of the Democrat Party.

Like you know what they pay for primers. Go ahead, blame our friends for the stupidity of the Democrat Party.
You really think there paying more that the other typical vendors?
They are the Walmart of the shooting community. They get product at less cost than most others because they buy in larger volumes that other smaller companies can't buy at.

I don't blame midway for being capitalist. There in business to make money. And making money is what they do well.
He sells his Br2 primers for $95, when Brownels is at $82, and Sportsman is at $62. He does it because he's the big guy and gets the stock.
But if you think he's your friend at $95 go for it. I think his contributions are more about virtue signaling, and making money.

Last edited:
Midway is a privately held company and I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell. Clean the balance sheet, pump up the income statement and exit while the market is frothing and retire from this uber cyclical carnival ride. How old is Larry? Is there a successor?

You really think there paying more that the other typical vendors?
They are the Walmart of the shooting community. They get product at less cost than most others because they buy in larger volumes that other smaller companies can't buy at.

I don't blame midway for being capitalist. There in business to make money. And making money is what they do well.
He sells his Br2 primers for $95, when Brownels is at $82, and Sportsman is at $62. He does it because he's the big guy and gets the stock.
But if you think he's your friend at $95 go for it. I think his contributions are more about virtue signaling, and making money.
And I don't blame hard working Americans for calling these blood sucking price gougers out for taking advantage of us every opportunity they can.

they are screwing everyone the ffl dealer that I get my guns thru also manufactures ammo he said he pays 22.00 a thousand for his primers, but he had to wait 6 months for his shipment

Bingo!

Nothing more to say other than don't be lured in with midways marketing of cheap hazmat , or cheap shipping.

As always, the real cost to the consumer= product+Shipping+Hazmat.

All those emails with $10 hazmat, or $10 shipping are meaningless marketing BS when the product price is increased as an offset or limited in quantity.

Larry is the Bezos of the shooting community.
In fact, expect to see midwayusa prime in the future to bring in an annualized revenue stream similar to amazon prime.
Gunnys are not supposed to drink Koolaide. It is bad for the brain and may turn you into a Marxist Democrat.
they are screwing everyone the ffl dealer that I get my guns thru also manufactures ammo he said he pays 22.00 a thousand for his primers, but he had to wait 6 months for his shipment
If you buy a truckload you too can get the best price. If you don't, you are just a whiner.

if u got them for 115 out the door that's not bad on broker there going for 200 per k
I just bought 6000 large rifle primers and 5000 large pistol from the guys I shoot with at the range. Total cost: $440. They only shoot mouse guns now and need small rifle primers.

I truly fear that if everybody pays that price now, it will soon be that price going forward. The last big "primer scare" caught up in less than six months, at least around here. The thing I remember was a comment by one manufacturer that sort of calmed the situation..."trust us, collectively we can make more than the demand, easily", and they did. Time will tell I guess.
If we paid more on a regular basis than we were they might not treat the primers like stew meat. They'd actually prioritize them and get them back to us sooner. When I started reloading I was horrified at how cheap the primers were: they're not making much money on them and I knew it'd be a struggle to get them if anything happens because the incentive to the manufacturers is low. I'd have happily paid an extra buck or three per hundred in the past to still have them now. But I'm not a volume shooter. Just my feelings

Recent Posts