• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Small Rifle Midway

I'll concede that point. That isn't the way I read it, or I should say, understood it. I still stick to the rest of my statement as far seeing major players a lot higher than this.

But obviously we can argue the point out until people get tired of reading about it. See post #84, LOL. This reminds me of the "Optics Planet...like/dislike" posts I've seen. They go on forever and never reach an agreeable consensus. Oh well, the shortage will end someday and everyone will be happy then.

Last edited:
If you call paying normal prices 'bragging'- that's a pretty sad state of affairs. You don't think Sportsman Whorehouse doesn't have shipping logistics costs?

Midway is an internet retailer with a national footprint and a volume purchasing advantage. They have low overhead and lower fixed costs. By design internet retailers 'supposedly' can pass through the savings to consumers.

Sportsman Warehouse have brick and mortar locations, higher fixed and variable costs, they have shipping logistic costs and higher overhead. Yet they beat the snail snot out of the internet retailer on cost. In this case what- 50% just on the price of 1,000 primers- and that isn't factoring in Midways S/H and Hazmat pass throughs?

Sorry but justifying that 50%+ increase in cost is silly. If you're willing to pay it- great. Have at it. If others are willing to pay $20 for 100 primers great- have at it. I'm not. But I'm not going to 'rally round' and defend this pricing when it is abundantly evident it is cheaper (and available) elsewhere. And I'm happy to pay a local store that actually contributes something to my local tax base.

^^^^ An "on the money" take on the MidWay overpricing deal. Hopefully most of us will remember who took advantage of shooters during the toughest times we've seen in years. We should also remember who didn't exploit the situation, like Powder Valley, MidSouth Shooters, Grafs, Blue Collar and most other reputable on-line retailers.

^^^^ An "on the money" take on the MidWay overpricing deal. Hopefully most of us will remember who took advantage of shooters during the toughest times we've seen in years. We should also remember who didn't exploit the situation, like Powder Valley, MidSouth Shooters, Grafs, Blue Collar and most other reputable on-line retailers.
I'm curious as to how they take advantage of shooters if the money is willingly given to them. Like every other seller, if you have it, you sell it, what price? Whatever sells.

It's interesting how you'll give a big thumbs up for "most other reputable online retailers" like Grafs and Midsouth and rail against Midway as scalping. I just went to both sites and looked at their primers. I like/use CCI BR primers. They're $80/1000 at both sites. I was never charged more than a couple dollars more than standard primers at my LGS...somewhere around $37 compared to $35(standard) before the shortage. Glad they're not "exploiting the situation" like Midway!

It's interesting how you'll give a big thumbs up for "most other reputable online retailers" like Grafs and Midsouth and rail against Midway as scalping. I just went to both sites and looked at their primers. I like/use CCI BR primers. They're $80/1000 at both sites. I was never charged more than a couple dollars more than standard primers at my LGS...somewhere around $37 compared to $35(standard) before the shortage. Glad they're not "exploiting the situation" like Midway!
Right now-
Grafs- CCI BR per/1000- 79.99
Midway- CCI BR per/1000- 94.99

Or, maybe we will remember that Democrats brought this all on us, and there are too few of us to fight among ourselves.

We brought this on ourselves. The election is our doing so if you voted for this adminstration or the liberal party in your districts you are to blame. We can't talk politics on this site. I remember when I was at the new BIG Cable's outside of Alllentown PA. Right after the election when Obama got elected there was no powder or primers. I was standing at the gun/amm section and there was about guys standing around bitching and complaining that there was no powder or primers to reload. I said really "LOUD" that if you voted for Obama or the Liberals don't complain about not having powder/primers to yearreload. You know what? They all shut up, because most of them voted for Obama. Now it is 17 years later and the same thing. If you voted for this don't complain about it.

People "willingly" pay $750 for a brick of primers on GB according to your suggestion/question. I guess no one is taking advantage of the shortage there either.
I mean you willingly go to the website, you willingly press the "buy" or "Bid" buttons, you willingly make an account and add in your payment info..... Do you get the trend? Nobody forces you to buy primers. Not a single soul on the earth forced you to GB, midway, grafs, PV, natchez, list goes on and on. You willingly go there and willingly spend your money if you buy anything.
Can't yell "Yay capitalism" and then go "but not for me give me cheap".

Last edited:
Kudos again to Midsouth. Just got notification of my 8# H4350. 16.00HzMat fee & 13.00 shipping. But Midway is more than double and I only live one state away. I question Larry's 'nitro shipping so they can pass the savings to you' statement.

Kudos again to Midsouth. Just got notification of my 8# H4350. 16.00HzMat fee & 13.00 shipping. But Midway is more than double and I only live one state away. I question Larry's 'nitro shipping so they can pass the savings to you' statement.
Can you show us a source for that? According to this:
1618886576893.png

And this:
1618886615350.png

You won't add up to double.

I have a serious question for you, would you rather have a scalper scoop up all of the primers on Midway for the regular price,(in seconds) and then sell them to you at 300% markup, or would you rather Midway have them in stock for a few extra minutes and you actually have a chance at purchase for a few extra dollars? Obviously judging by how fast the product disappears people don't have an issue paying a few extra dollars to wipe out
First of all, I wouldn't buy anything at a 300% markup, over retail, thats what gun shows, and and online shopping during a shortage is for. This is no different that the toilet paper panic with the onset of covid. This will pass, product will slowly come back, and Larry will be sporting a fancier buckskin onesie, because people were paying 2x retail prices, because they thought they needed 10,000 primers, when the normally only shoot 200 rounds a year.