• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Small Rifle Midway

First of all, I wouldn't buy anything at a 300% markup, over retail, thats what gun shows, and and online shopping during a shortage is for. This is no different that the toilet paper panic with the onset of covid. This will pass, product will slowly come back, and Larry will be sporting a fancier buckskin onesie, because people were paying 2x retail prices, because they thought they needed 10,000 primers, when the normally only shoot 200 rounds a year.
Can't believe you brought this back up to the top to quote a message saying the same things I've covered in a few other comments.
If people buy anything that's on the person, not midway. Can't complain when you either willingly buy, or willingly not buy. It's completely up to the person if they buy or not. So far midway has been on par with every other online retail outlet on price if it's available.

I received about 5 discontinued notices from Midway USA today on primers. All of them were for 5k cases of the respective primers I was hoping to get. I'm assuming that means Midway no longer is willing to sell primers by the case. I hope other retailers don't follow suit because buying online one brick at a time will just make a difficult situation harder for me. I know I have missed product notices in the past because I only signed up for the 5k cases of whatever I was looking for but deleting even the hope of buying by the case isn't good news.

Can't believe you brought this back up to the top to quote a message saying the same things I've covered in a few other comments.
If people buy anything that's on the person, not midway. Can't complain when you either willingly buy, or willingly not buy. It's completely up to the person if they buy or not. So far midway has been on par with every other online retail outlet on price if it's available.

On Monday I posted Grafs and Midways price for the same primers. Midway is 20% more.

That's not 'on par'.

On Monday I posted Grafs and Midways price for the same primers. Midway is 20% more.

That's not 'on par'.
Looking at 6.5 prc ammo, their price is equal to able ammo when they have it available, they are also cheaper than other places. My LGS has seen 0 primers in the past 8-12 months. If you see them you pay for them.

And that's on them, they drive demand and supply limitations. That's not on the retailer. If they would stop, the price would drop, but that's not happening.
You say that as if the retailer has 'no choice'. That's laughable.

I already showed that a retailer here in Helena charges what? Almost 100% less than Midway for the same thing at the same time?

Yeah the gouging is the consumers fault. :rolleyes:

You say that as if the retailer has 'no choice'. That's laughable.

I already showed that a retailer here in Helena charges what? Almost 100% less than Midway for the same thing at the same time?

Yeah the gouging is the consumers fault. :rolleyes:
I'm glad that you don't understand that consumers drive a free market. If people don't buy, items don't sell. Items don't sell, inventory becomes surplus. Surplus inventory doesn't make a company money, so it cost to hold it. Holding it drops price.
So yes, right now the consumer is driving the price increase. It's rather simple if you have taken a basic econ 101 course.
I'm curious at how you use "gouging" and then don't understand simple supply and demand. Manufacturers have already stated that they have shipped out more ammo in the last year than they ever have. So supply is there, demand is driven by the consumer...... so....
You are not a victim of midway or any other supplier, you are a victim of your fellow consumers panic buying. Join the crowd.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you don't understand that consumers drive a free market. If people don't buy, items don't sell. Items don't sell, inventory becomes surplus. Surplus inventory doesn't make a company money, so it cost to hold it. Holding it drops price.
So yes, right now the consumer is driving the price increase. It's rather simple if you have taken a basic econ 101 course.
I'm in commercial finance so yes- I know 'basic econ'. I even know when prices are 'par'. 😉

If I can buy primers for $40 for a 1,000 at Sportsman's Warehouse versus $90 at Midway- well I guess Sportsman's is just 'taking the loss' for the consumer, huh? Apparently the profit margin for that same 1,000 primers is sufficient for Sportsman's but for the online retailer it's not? So in your postulate world apparently manufacturers are selling those primers at a reduced cost to Sportsman's vs. Midway? I mean the demand hasn't changed, yet the pricing is vastly different. If there was a price increase from the manufacturers- I can't imagine Midway getting singled out over Sportsman's.

And the bottom line is that I've already proven that I can purchase the components cheaper, much cheaper than at Midway. That's 'basic econ 101'.

I'm in commercial finance so yes- I know 'basic econ'. I even know when prices are 'par'. 😉

If I can buy primers for $40 for a 1,000 at Sportsman's Warehouse versus $90 at Midway- well I guess Sportsman's is just 'taking the loss' for the consumer, huh? Apparently the profit margin for that same 1,000 primers is sufficient for Sportsman's but for the online retailer it's not? So in your postulate world apparently manufacturers are selling those primers at a reduced cost to Sportsman's vs. Midway? I mean the demand hasn't changed, yet the pricing is vastly different. If there was a price increase from the manufacturers- I can't imagine Midway getting singled out over Sportsman's.

And the bottom line is that I've already proven that I can purchase the components cheaper, much cheaper than at Midway. That's 'basic econ 101'.
So you are a "professional" at this and still fail to understand simplistics? When EVERYONE had access to sportsman's stash it will rise in price just like every other broadly available retailer.
The bottom line is "go buy them at sportsmans" and stop complaining. I can tell you that we have primers in a gun shop 20 minutes away for $75 more per 1000 than midway. No other gun shop has primers. The only way the one has any is buying them off of customers. We don't have "sportsman's". I'm going to ask for your "professional opinion" on where to buy primers.

At some point , there will be a normalization of supply and demand at an increased price point than you were previously used to. At that point remember what Midway charged vs other vendors and decide where to spend your future dollars.
That's all you can control.

So you are a "professional" at this and still fail to understand simplistics?
The bottom line is "go buy them at sportsmans" and stop complaining. I can tell you that we have primers in a gun shop 20 minutes away for $75 more per 1000 than midway. No other gun shop has primers. The only way the one has any is buying them off of customers. We don't have "sportsman's". I'm going to ask for your "professional opinion" on where to buy primers.
I'm not complaining. I'm illustrating. I could care one whit if Midway charges 2x what another retailer does. However if someone wants to defend their pricing policies on everything other than the obvious- yes I will chime in.

That's too bad you don't have a whorehouse nearby. I'm heading to my local one after I have my second cup of coffee.

I'm not complaining. I'm illustrating. I could care one whit if Midway charges 2x what another retailer does. However if someone wants to defend their pricing policies on everything other than the obvious- yes I will chime in.

That's too bad you don't have a whorehouse nearby. I'm heading to my local one after I have my second cup of coffee.
Obviously you care, you have been here from the start of this thread.