• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Small Rifle Midway

I am and yes, Midway makes the money as it is an individual upcharge used to train and ensure correct materials are in stock and maintain compliance with the Government laws. Delivery companies have their own upcharge as well.
That's not "making money" that's covering the cost of everything you listed lol.

That's the other reason I'm not happy with midway because I've been on the notification list for a few things that have shown up recently and never got notifications from them.
You won't get a notification from hardly any retailer in today's time. By the time the Email hits the server the supply is already depleted. I have not been notified from any "notify me when in stock" from any vendor in quite some time. I just happen to find things here and there in stock.

Sorry. The big guy, midway, doesn't get a pass. They've raised their prices and maintained higher shipping and fees. I'm buying from grafs, Natchez, mid south etc. They may not get stuff in as often as midway but I'm fine waiting.
On the hazmat, we are not debating the overhead associated with hazmat. I don't have a hazmat cert but do have a healthy idea of what's involved. The people above pointed out that the median price for hazmat and shipping is well below midway, who should have the lowest overall cost as a lot of it is fixed costs. It's ok to defend why hazmat fees are in existence but don't defend why midway charges 50-100% more over their peers. The reason is the same reason they are charging 2x for some reloading components vs last year. People will pay it. That's not a permanent situation though.

For example a couple weeks ago I got some Tac from MSSS for 208 shipped. At midway it would have been 240.
See post above regarding the "average" cost of Hazmat. I just paid $9 shipping + $19.99 at PV for the cost of Hazmat. MSSS is $16 for hazmat. Midway shows $12.99......

Last edited:
See post above regarding the "average" cost of Hazmat. I just paid $9 shipping + $19.99 at PV for the cost of Hazmat. MSSS is $16 for hazmat. Midway shows $12.99......
They used to be 28.50. I guess they increased the product prices to offset the fee reduction :)

I spent a lot of money with midway 2005-2016 or so. First they got rid of their dealer discount, then they cancelled backorders which historically they filled as product arrived. Midway culture has changed. That's fine for them and good luck but it has allowed me to discover other vendors I hadn't even heard of. Another example is Wideners. They used to be someone I ordered several times a year from and over time just faded away.

Sorry. The big guy, midway, doesn't get a pass. They've raised their prices and maintained higher shipping and fees. I'm buying from grafs, Natchez, mid south etc. They may not get stuff in as often as midway but I'm fine waiting.
On the hazmat, we are not debating the overhead associated with hazmat. I don't have a hazmat cert but do have a healthy idea of what's involved. The people above pointed out that the median price for hazmat and shipping is well below midway, who should have the lowest overall cost as a lot of it is fixed costs. It's ok to defend why hazmat fees are in existence but don't defend why midway charges 50-100% more over their peers. The reason is the same reason they are charging 2x for some reloading components vs last year. People will pay it. That's not a permanent situation though.

For example a couple weeks ago I got some Tac from MSSS for 208 shipped. At midway it would have been 240.
Not only is Midway higher on their hazmat shipping but what tells me something is when you see Larry and his wife donating millions of dollars to different places off of the backs of his customers when he could cut some prices (on hazmat shipping) and help the working class. Not saying he should not reap the fruits of his labor's but when you have that kind of money left over you could cut some prices.

I think most are just sour cuz they miss out when something is in stock. As much as people say they aren't gonna shop at midway their powders and primers and such sure don't last when in stock just saying

Not only is Midway higher on their hazmat shipping but what tells me something is when you see Larry and his wife donating millions of dollars to different places off of the backs of his customers when he could cut some prices (on hazmat shipping) and help the working class. Not saying he should not reap the fruits of his labor's but when you have that kind of money left over you could cut some prices.
As I posted above, Midway is not higher on Hazmat than most other places you would buy hazmat items from.
His donations do help the working class, and he also couldn't have been exactly poor when he started midway. In the world of the tax man, donations get you a tax credit, and selling you a product cheaper doesn't get you a tax credit.
For what it's worth, the laws of supply and demand state that Midway should be charging more, along with every other distributer, until they do, will the prices and inventory return.

👍

Midways pricing has gotten to the offensive end of the curve for primers. Both on the price of the primer, combined with the limits put in place.

Last time I got powder from Midway (a few 1lb containers) it was shipped in a single wall non-compliant box with some green air puff baggies and a sticker on the outside of the box. That was it.

I just received powder from 3rd gen and it was in the 'correct' weight cardboard, complete with the necessary hazmat stickers and shipping envelope and the powder was separated and cushioned. And it was shipped next day. 2 8lb containers of powder.

Cheaper than Midway, packaged correctly (Midway was not), and shipped fast.
When I bought powder from Midway it came in a box with hazmat stickers. If I'm receiving goods I don't really care if it has stickers or not. That is the responsibility of the shipper to correctly label and the carrier to verify. Truck driver with hazmat endorsement for 30 years. When I ordered my H4895, I saw it, bought it and paid for it quickly so I wouldn't lose it. I turned right around an found H110 and did the same again. Yes, I paid shipping and hazmat twice with in minutes apart. If you see reloading supplies in this environment you better jump on it quickly or someone else will get it!!! Midways price per pound had not gone up significantly, as fuel prices rise, shipping costs will jump to try and stay ahead of the curve. This is just SOP. If my local guy had it I would buy from him!