Shooting after cataracts surgery

Another ophthalmologist here. Many different lenses to choose from. If the astigmatism isn't a lot, you may not needed corrected. My lens of choice is an ey hancement, but talk to your doc.
Also an ophthalmologist. I agree with the above and use the eyehancement lens. I've had open site shooting patients that love the lens.

Update

I am using a 2.0+ Readers

Looking through the scope is no issues at all.

Looking through my Reddot is a little issue since I still have an astigmatism.

Pistol still working on that one. My dr gave me one contact for my left eye to try with the pistol since I shoot with both eyes opened. He's thinking since the eyes work together that should help correct the issue with the pistol

Hopefully trying that out sometime this week.

Thanks for the post, I am scheduled for next month. I thought the Dr. installed the correct lens based on the individual patient requirements?
RidgeTop:
Yes, that is correct. I spent roughly 1.5 hours getting tests, measurements, etc.
Thanks for the post, I am scheduled for next month. I thought the Dr. installed the correct lens based on the individual patient requirements?
Ridgetop:
Yes, that is true. I spent roughly an hour going through several tests and measurements a couple weeks prior to the surgery. All those measurements tell the surgeon which lens to implant understanding your wishes of near, far, both, etc. But those are further adjustable – tweaking every bit of improvement possible. It just takes up to three adjustments post-surgery.

Thanks for the info. Are all lenses adjustable or just the LAL?
RidgeTop:
My understanding is that only the LAL is adjustable. That is what sets it apart as the "premium" choice. There are other lens, however, for specific conditions. But the LAL lens is the one that is adjustable post-surgery – allowing the surgeon to best "dial in" your prescription.

got good new last week, went to get my new Drivers License and in So Dakota you have to take an eye test or supply a letter from you eye Dr. so I asked if I could take the test without my glasses and got the ok to do so and low and behold I passed so no glasses requirement on my license cataract surgery paid off

got good new last week, went to get my new Drivers License and in So Dakota you have to take an eye test or supply a letter from you eye Dr. so I asked if I could take the test without my glasses and got the ok to do so and low and behold I passed so no glasses requirement on my license cataract surgery paid off
Great to hear about your success with sight improvement. Gotta help with shooting, among so many other favorite activities. I'm beginning plans for the surgery too, so any hints/cautions are welcome.

it was a very easy surgery the first day slight pain the second day more pain during the surgery but not after. they do one eye one day second the next in case they screw up and do not want to mess up both eyes. the Dr told me that. 2 types of eye drops one type expensive one drop per eye for 30 days cost 168.00. the other was 3 drops per day for 30 days cost do not know went with the one drop and they burn. went back after a week for check up and after 30 days ordered a new pair of glasses. Medicare pays for the lenses and up to 125.00 for the frames. any extras on the lenses you ay like tint or no line bifocal. but it was so nice to see colors again bright and for a while could read without glasses

Wow surprised they did your eyes so close together I had to wait a month between eye surgeries. No pain at all. Just blurry the first few days. And 3 drop a day for 3 weeks then 2 drops 2 weeks then 1 drop 1 week

Wow surprised they did your eyes so close together I had to wait a month between eye surgeries. No pain at all. Just blurry the first few days. And 3 drop a day for 3 weeks then 2 drops 2 weeks then 1 drop 1 week
I was told they separate the surgeries because no insurance will pay for two surgeries on the day day.
Our "coverage" is not considered insurance. Instead it is a "reimbursement" approach to coverage.
As a result, I had both eyes done on the same day - 10 minutes apart. The surgery was even discounted because there was just one setup charge.