Shooting after heart surgery

Well I'm not going to be shooting a .375 H&H anytime soon, but I am not Mr. Wick either!! Dr is happy with recovery, he says my age is a big help and I'm doing better than most. 3 weeks post open heart surgery today and I'm able to average 15 minute miles over a 6 mile hike yesterday. Not real steep but it was up and down mountains terrain. I believe I have a good chance of making Idaho hunt in November. Had some trouble getting Idaho tag this year and ended up with a white tail tag for unit 2 , and that might be a blessing. Looks like we will be hunting fairly low elevation so I believe I'll be good for the hike! First time hunting unit 2 but we got access to a large private ranch so it should be easy on me.Missed coastal black tail hunting this year but at least my boys are still getting it done!

Discussion of altitude sickness is a whole other, complex bag of worms. I'm staying out of it.
That's no fun!

Agree! Clarify - my comments are strictly the exertion side at altitude and not potential altitude sickness.
Ahh see, I made the 🐴-sumption you were talking about AMS, which is what I meant by the "puking phase" that some people get initially.

I agree 100% that over-exertion (and to add, dehydration) are the leading causes of problems people have at altitude. They (maybe unintentionally) try to do MORE than were they came from, and end up fighting a double-whammy of over-extending and losing max performance.

Heck, I've done that double-whammy thing to myself before. Went on a cycling trip in CO and rode a couple of nice 40-50 mile rides in Denver then Loveland Pass, Vail Pass, a bunch of stuff around Frisco/Breck area. Figured what the heck, I'll ride Mt Evans. Only 30 miles right, but the 4k foot non-stop elevation gain, a 22% grade at one point, and going over 12,000 feet defiantly went past what my heart could handle 🤣 Was not in any way prepared for that even after a week of being up there and riding. Not sure I could have handled that ride even at 17 years old when I lived there and ran track.